Subject Combination query! (1 Viewer)

lueyy

HSC
Hi, I'm new to this so I don't know if I'm posting in the wrong section , sorry if I am :/

However, recently my english teacher asked me to consider taking up english extension 2.
my current subjects are : advanced english, extension 1 english, mathematics, biology, chemistry, visual arts and PDHPE.
my worse subjects are biology and pdhpe, if i take up extension 2 english which one should i drop? or should i take up english extention 2 at all? :/
if you need any information, please just ask :)
pleasee help :(

Last edited:

NajaKaja

HSC
Between biology and PDHPE...
I don't do biology but I've had people tell me that it's not really a prerequisite for many science based courses in Uni(it might be recommended but not necessary) ----> you could take a bridging course later after the HSC. As for PDHPE...I have no idea. Considering the fact that you're weak at these subjects it may be best to keep biology since your mark doesn't scale down(nor up) whereas with PDHPE it may scale down(so I've heard). It sounds like you're pretty confident with English so I would say go for it and drop PDHPE!

lueyy

HSC
Thank you NajaKaja :)
i've had people tell me this, but i have no idea on the scaling for biology and pdhpe i've heard both are pretty bad :/ that's the main issue i guess

Deliriously

HSC
i believe bio scales higher than pdhpe but disregarding that, id say stick with bio since it relates more to chem (in which you're doing) and drop pdhpe.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Why do you need to drop anything?

Simple solution: Take EX2.

If one subject gets too hard or too boring, then you drop it. Simple.

lueyy

HSC
I think i need to drop one because i dont think i can cope with that workload :/

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
^If you aren't sure you could take EE2 for like two weeks with your other subs and then either drop, it or pdhpe/bio. It'll also let you see what's in store for the HSC course which will aid your decision making.

But the answer may become crystal for you further along in Year 11, it's only May :)

lueyy

HSC
^If you aren't sure you could take EE2 for like two weeks with your other subs and then either drop, it or pdhpe/bio. It'll also let you see what's in store for the HSC course which will aid your decision making.

But the answer may become crystal for you further along in Year 11, it's only May :)
thankss, hopefully it will :/

For you, was HSC biology difficult?

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Wait for the year to progress to determine which subjects that you know you want to drop.

Who knows? You could be smashing PDHPE and Biology towards the end of Term 3.

enoilgam

HSC
Why do you need to drop anything?

Simple solution: Take EX2.

If one subject gets too hard or too boring, then you drop it. Simple.

Agreed - give it a try in combination with your other subjects and then make a decision.

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
Hi, I'm new to this so I don't know if I'm posting in the wrong section , sorry if I am :/

However, recently my english teacher asked me to consider taking up english extension 2.
my current subjects are : advanced english, extension 1 english, mathematics, biology, chemistry, visual arts and PDHPE.
my worse subjects are biology and pdhpe, if i take up extension 2 english which one should i drop? or should i take up english extention 2 at all? :/
if you need any information, please just ask :)
pleasee help :(
12 units really should be the maximum. Drop either bio or pdhpe, they both scale badly.

Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)