Subject confusion. (1 Viewer)

SWilko21

HSC
Okay, so i've currently completed my preliminary course with the subjects Ancient, Modern, Biology, General Mathematics, SOR 1, Advanced and Extension English. I did alright in my courses (I got a predicted ATAR mark of 94.65) but there is one problem. In SOR 1 (a HSC subject) I stuffed my prelim exam where my teachers were expecting me to come out on top. In the end i've managed to come 6 out of 67 students.
I'm not overly impressed and don't want the mark included in my ATAR. For this to be a possibility I was thinking about dropping modern and picking up Extension History; giving me exactly 10 units (not including SOR 1). Is this probable with the required marks? Are there any another solutions?

Sorry to rumble on, I was just woundering what kind of jobs I could get with my predicted ATAR and if I get any advantages as I live in the bush (extra marks or something, I have no idea)?
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
So... you're asking if you can get 94.65 if you switch out modern for Ext. History? Answer is: Yes

And what kind of jobs can you get? Depends on what uni course, or whatever you do after HSC. HSC is just a stepping stone, it's not "okay, i did my hsc - come at me CEO position at Goldman Sachs" or whatever.

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
I think your a bit confused swilko. Nothing counts towards your atar in year 11, everything resets in year 12 including your SOR. Which means you don't need to drop modern and such. Still extension history is a good subject for anyone with interest to history, so if you are interested then I say go ahead(the scaling doesn't hurt either). I don't know why you already got a predicted atar though, still a bit early for that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)