Subject Enrollment (1 Viewer)

lh95

HSC
Hi all, hope you're all happy with your offers.
I got into B Business B Laws and in the middle of my application into UTS but am stuck.
The program they give an example of has nothing but business subjects in the first semester.
Can I split out 2 business 2 law subjects in both semesters?
I have no idea what I have to do and appreciate any help you can give me.
Thanks!

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
You can do whatever you want, but you might run into prereq or scheduling problems. Majority of your cohort will also be following the guide at first so it's probably a good idea to do it that way.

zhusalmz

HSC
I enrolled following the course guide (except for 1 subject - Swapped Business Statistics which was suggested in the guide for marketing foundations) and I'm now doing my timetable. Am I required to choose lecture / tutorial times for my courses in spring as well as Autumn?

porleng

HSC
Hi guys, I'm also lost for subject enrollment. I'm doing Bachelor of Business Bachelor of Science in Information Technology. Where can I find the course guide?

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
You're supposed to. YOu can swap them around at any time anyway (some stuff locks in after the census date or will be difficult to swap though). I'd definitely recommend trying to set up a spring timetable so you can get good times and not rely on people unenroling during the gap between semesters for whatever reason.

Hi guys, I'm also lost for subject enrollment. I'm doing Bachelor of Business Bachelor of Science in Information Technology. Where can I find the course guide?
They have a basic course planner on the handbook site:
http://www.handbook.uts.edu.au/courses/c10219.html

Last edited:

zhusalmz

HSC
What about having back to back classes? I've done my timetable and most of my subjects have tutes right after. For example integrating perspectives lecture from 10-11:30 with a tutorial from 11:30 - 1. Is that okay - Is it advisable to have time in between?

lqt3ARG.png - screenshot of said timetable

Last edited:

Gigacube

HSC
hey i'm doing the same thing as porleng.. i made my account but i'm not really sure of what to do next
Make sure that everything is filled out here: http://onestopadmin.uts.edu.au
Check the handbook to see what subjects you need to enrol in. Enrol in the subjects on the link above.
After you've done that head here (https://mysubjects.uts.edu.au) to enrol in your actual classes (e.g. lectures, tutorials)

What about having back to back classes? I've done my timetable and most of my subjects have tutes right after. For example integrating perspectives lecture from 10-11:30 with a tutorial from 11:30 - 1. Is that okay - Is it advisable to have time in between?
That's fine. If it's the same subject then everyone else will be coming from the lecture. Sometimes the lecture will finish a couple of mins early or the tutorial will start a few mins later to give you enough time.

porleng

HSC
hey i'm doing the same thing as porleng.. i made my account but i'm not really sure of what to do next
Hi, I just followed the guide and enrolled in these subjects. I'm also doing B Bus (Accounting) B Sci in IT (BISM).

Year 1
Autumn semester
Communication for IT Professionals
Introduction to Information Systems
Accounting for Business Decisions A
Integrating Business Perspectives

Spring semester
Programming Fundamentals
Web Systems
Economics for Business
Business Statistics

zhusalmz

HSC
So 1 lecture and 1 tutorial per subject per week, is that all we're required to enroll in?

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
You enrol in what is there, depends on the subject.

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
I suggest you just do what you want, but a good way to do it would be 3 bus 1 Law in first sem to test out how well you can balance 2 law subjects, and then whatever you want for the 2nd sem. Although as far I know, you have to finish those cores (which I think has been changed to just 1 now) to do any other law subjects.

Also on a side note:

YOU BUS/LAW GUYS BEST BE COMING TO BUSINESS O-CAMP. SHIT GOES OFF AND YOU CAN ASK FOR ADVICE ETC

lh95

HSC
Does it matter if tutorials are behind lectures or vice versa in our timetable?

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Nope, usually tutes run a week behind. If the order is important the timetable site uses "sets" so you are unable to do them out of order.

will_

HSC
Uni Grad
for the original question about the person doing business/law, you are best to follow the core structure and do 4 business subjects semester 1 rather than split it 2 law subjects 2 business per semester so you can make friends with other people doing business/law as they will be starting the law subjects semester 2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)