hey

Ok well these are my subjects

Advanced English
General Math
IPT
ITvet
Modern History
Visual Arts

Now im still thinking of changing IPT, its not what i expected at all and by the way i love IT but i just cant see how benefical its going to be, whether its going to help with my UAI and all that..... so im thinking of changing to legal?? what does everyone think??

thanks

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Well, this is ultimately up to you. It's your personal choice, and we are all different.

If you find IPT useless for you at the moment, then drop it. But first, you should people you know who do Legal Studies. Ask them about the work, the workload and the subject matter. Ask the teachers, and reflect on yourself about whether doing Legal will be interesting for you.

emca

HSC
here is a horrible thought. today is march 12, in 4 weeks you will be at the end of your first two terms of HSC study, that is half way. so you pick up legal half way through the course. Not a good idea, I dont even thing the school would let you. dont do it. The only reason to do it is if you are failing IPT badly.

Faytle

open fire.
HSC
jess24 said:
Now im still thinking of changing IPT, its not what i expected at all and by the way i love IT but i just cant see how benefical its going to be, whether its going to help with my UAI and all that
I'm disliking IPT with a passion. I feel your pain ;(.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
emca said:
here is a horrible thought. today is march 12, in 4 weeks you will be at the end of your first two terms of HSC study, that is half way. so you pick up legal half way through the course. Not a good idea, I dont even thing the school would let you. dont do it. The only reason to do it is if you are failing IPT badly.
It's Prelim, not HSC!

cs01001

HSC
emca said:
here is a horrible thought. today is march 12, in 4 weeks you will be at the end of your first two terms of HSC study, that is half way
I Don't get what you mean. She is in Year 11, Preliminary Year.

Anyway, I don't think your school would allow you to do it now, since we are in week 7 already.

cl3nta

HSC
yeh.. Alternatively, you could pick up extensions at the end of prelim? e.g hist ext
No harm in trying to change (do it asap). I joined hist ext this term and missed out on a whole term. I'm now coming second in the course and this is HSC we're talking about. So do it as early as you can.

cs01001

HSC
Yeah, can still certainly catch up despite missing out the work, gotta work really hard though.

Bank$

HSC
jess24 said:
Now im still thinking of changing IPT, its not what i expected at all and by the way i love IT but i just cant see how benefical its going to be
lol i went through somthing very similar to u

I did IT and enjoyed it but i droped it because the class was full of jokers and i had the notion that it would not benifit my UAI.
I thought that ipt was all about computers where as really it has nothing to do with computers AND I HATED IT.

my solution was to pick EXT2 maths and drop both lol

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
HSC
I did both IPT and Legal studies and found the latter more beneficial. However, legal studies is a humanities subject and involves critical thinking, writing essays and so forth. IPT involves bugger all. Legal studies, I believe, is far more rewarding if you are planning on pursuing either an Arts, Social Science, and to a somewhat lesser extent, Law degree. IPT I haven't found to be the greatest help though it was during an IPT class that I discovered the BOS....so maybe it has it's rewards :)

By the way, Legal studies scales higher, but doesn't mean much if you are bottom of the class as compared to top of IPT, etc.

weetart*

HSC
I think Legal studies would be a lot more work, but at the same time rewarding like Enlightened_One said. I've been summarising and summarising for a very very long time now and there's still a lot more ahead.

pogostick

HSC
N/A
legal would definitaly be more work.
i guess it depends on what sort of workload you have already.
and if your comfortable with having more.
IPT might get better... you never know. and you can always drop it after 3rd term

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)