Subject Help (1 Viewer)

Cleavage

Clarence
HSC
Uni Grad
Is it better for your ATAR to rank higher in a subject with a cohort full of dumbasses, or a decent rank in a subject with a cohort that is reasonably smart?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

AnimeX

HSC
N/A
Is it better for your ATAR to rank higher in a subject with a cohort full of dumbasses, or a decent rank in a subject with a cohort that is reasonably smart?

Just get the highest (lowest) rank you can possibly get.
If you're cohort isn't that strong, then obviously you need a higher rank.
If the cohort is strong, you can remain with a decent rank.

Cleavage

Clarence
HSC
Uni Grad
Cheers for the advice, but I'm talking in terms of dropping a subject. I'm on 14 units, and the workload is crazy. I've narrowed it down to those two subjects, purely in terms of ATAR what should I drop?

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A
just do your best and fk your cohort, doctors have walked out of Chifley

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
If you rank really well amongst a crappy cohort, you will be the person setting that standard and receiving the highest marks. That means you probably need to work pretty hard to set that standard.

If you rank decent amongst a strong cohort, hope that the relative gaps between each person are really small.

If you're capable of topping the subject with the crappy cohort, I think you should do it because a rank 1/whatevernumber is better than like a 20/whatevernumber (but then again it would depend on the relative gaps, etc)

Good luck with your choice!!

Cleavage

Clarence
HSC
Uni Grad
Cheers rumble roar, 1st in the weak cohort isn't possible, I think I'll go with the decent rank in the strong cohort, and get a solid top 6 out of 40. Subjects are Chem and Phys btw, Chem having a strong cohort, and the phys cohort being full of retards who think they are smart for doing the subject.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)