• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Subject outline? (1 Viewer)

boyboy

hey anyone know if there is such thing as a subject syllabus for Macquarie uni students? I mean for each individual subject we chose do we get like a syllabus or subject outline which details what we need to study and stuff....?

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
nothing detailed like a hsc syllabus. however you are given a unit outline at start of unit which is around 5 pages detailing important assessments and info about the unit, such as names of topics you will study each week.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
good, so there is some organisation? they explain where we are going? that's good.

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
ye..some textbooks come with study guides. they give u a summary of the txtbook. not really a syllabus for course, but helpful if you're cramming and not enuff time to read textbook.

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
some subjects use webct. webct is an online area you log into...it contains things you can dl such as unit outline, past exams etc. some units will have weekly assignments which you will complete through webct.

boyboy

Can we actually login into the webct thing?
how do we enter our usernames and passwords? are they the same as our estudent thing?

Last edited:

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
yeah it might be that macq id thing which was posted in another thread, but i can't get that either

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
well from my experience with webct at usyd, you just use your uni login to access the stuff. but resources there are only avaliable if the lecturer uses and enables the webct. not all units use webct!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)