subject problems (1 Viewer)

aliciat

HSC
After I enrolled into my subjects, I checked the timetable and I have overlapping subjects. And I really want to do all of them, and I can only pick them in Spring. So I have a dilemma!

So what are the chances that the subject timetables will change before classes start next year?

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
i would say the chances are slim. Are they subjects offered in spring and autumn, maybe u could change which semesters u do them in

midnight

we used to be friends
HSC
The exact same thing is happening to me. I've looked at about 5 different electives and each one clashes with subjects that I have to do.

aliciat

HSC
braindrainedAsh said:
i would say the chances are slim. Are they subjects offered in spring and autumn, maybe u could change which semesters u do them in

Its because the subjects are only offered in one semester whichhas led me to this. *shakes fist* I checked the timetable before enrollments and it all worked out fine.

For the Spring Semester all my subjects are on the one day! Imagine going to uni for one day as a full time student. It would actually be pretty sweet. but not if the subjects overlapped!

aliciat

HSC
midnight said:
The exact same thing is happening to me. I've looked at about 5 different electives and each one clashes with subjects that I have to do.
*sigh* I'll be worrying about this all through my holidays now. Should I change it? Even though I REALLY wanna do those particular subjects? And don't particularly want to do any others?

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
What subjects are you doing? Have you tried changing the semesters around if they are offered in both semesters? That is pretty crap if they are all on one day... maybe if enough people whinge about it they might change it? Maybe you should have a whinge to someone about it.

aliciat

HSC
Psychology
Music & Pop Culture
Creative Non-Fiction

Both Psych and Music are only Spring Subjects. Non-Fiction is in both but I can only do it in Spring because my other writing subject can only be done in Autumn.

:( I'm doomed.

And yes, I have planned to go whinge about it :D lol Perhaps on Friday.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
You can do more than one writing subject in a semester, as long as one isn't a prereq for another.... you can basically mix up your degree in any order as long as you have done prereqs for the subjects you want to do. You don't have to follow the degree planner to the t... maybe if you did two of your writing subjects in one semester and more of your electives or whatever in the other.

aliciat

HSC
Oh really?

So I have been misguided this whole time...?

But I wouldn't really know how to do it without like the planner to show me.

Is it like I don't have to do it in the:

One Writing Subject
One Cultural Subject
One Elective Subject

per semester type style?

It can be like:

Writing Subject
Writing Subject
Elective

And then

Cultural Subject
Cultural Subject
Elective?

I'm sorry if I'm being insanely dumb and naggy. But you're awesome braindrainedAsh :)

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Yeah you can do it like that. My degree in second year was

first semester

third year compulsory disciplinary subject
second year compulsory disciplinary subject
journalism subject

second semester

journalism subject
elective
second year disciplinary subject

that means next year I have

first semester

elective
elective
elective
(this is because I am going on exchange)

second semester
journalism subject
journalism subject
disciplinary subject

I have totally mixed mine up and had no problems... you can do whatever you want, as long as you have done any prereqs if subjects have them.

aliciat

HSC
My Spring subjects no longer overlap!

It's still only a Monday though but now I need to go 9-9. *sigh* I'll take it.

Thanks a lot for the help BraindrainedAsh. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)