Subject requirements- speech pathology (1 Viewer)

mandathepanda

HSC
Hey, I'm in year 10 and am considering doing speech pathology at Uni.

I was not sure about my ability in chemistry,so I didn't choose it for Year 11. Instead I chose Biology because I have some interest in it and thought I would do better in it than Chemistry.
The only problem is, that Biology was on the same line as Modern History ,which I prioritised over Biology. My other science options on the 2 lines I could choose from (after picking Modern over Bio) were chemistry and Senior Science.
I decided to take Senior Science ,because it looks like a really good courseand I was not keen on chem. However I wanted to know- if I did choose to do speech pathology after year 12, would Biology benefit me more than Senior Science, if so how much? Although I love history, I don't want to close the door on any options.

salsydney

HSC
what does senior science cover? im not very familiar with that subject... in any case, there are bridging courses before you start first year, so dont stress too much, you can catch it all up... personally, i dont think you even need the bridging courses.. knowing bio does help here and there, but you cover everything again in first yr human biology, the lecturer for that is fantastic, so its really not a major issue.

Skeeta

HSC
i did senior science in the HSC, i did pretty well in it, but not much of it relates to speech path. If you want to do senior science you'll get by because they spoon feed you in human bio and biochem. I didnt have ANY troubles with just senior science, although i did do the bridging course (which was a waste of money anyway)

do what you like - you'll probably get better marks in it and then get into the course you want.

mandathepanda

HSC
Thanks salsydney and skeeta, I think I'll stick with what I've chosen , I can always change in the first few weeks of year 11 :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)