Subject selection advice needed. (1 Viewer)

T-R-O-L-O-L

TOO GOOD TO BE CLASSIFIED
HSC
Hey everyone,
I prefer Biology over Physics but was wondering would you do Biology in the HSC with 4 Unit Maths (Extension 2), considering I'm just above average at Maths. I say so as I heard that some of the work in 4 Unit Maths (Extension 2) is related to Physics.

Thanks everyone, really appreciate it.

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A
you learn more physics in 4u than you do in physics.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Hey everyone,
I prefer Biology over Physics but was wondering would you do Biology in the HSC with 4 Unit Maths (Extension 2), considering I'm just above average at Maths. I say so as I heard that some of the work in 4 Unit Maths (Extension 2) is related to Physics.

Thanks everyone, really appreciate it.
4 unit maths(extension 2)content, particularly the mechanics topic may be related to university first year physics, but in terms of HSC physics-it has very little relevance. If you flick through a HSC physics textbook-you realise there is a lot less mathematical problem solving than you probably expected to find, choose biology with maths extension 2-do subjects that you like-not because they relate to each other-that will be how you can get good marks. But make sure you are willing to dedicate adequate time to pursue maths-maths extension 2 is very different from 2 unit maths. Best wishes for your senior year studies:)

T-R-O-L-O-L

TOO GOOD TO BE CLASSIFIED
HSC
Thanks a lot guys for yohr input. I think I'll stick with my passion and interest over content and scaling. :)

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
Thanks a lot guys for yohr input. I think I'll stick with my passion and interest over content and scaling. :)
Haha that's what you should do with your subjects anyway - sticking with your passions. As long as you're passionate, you're potential to do well escalates. If you do well, scaling won't affect you (affects those in mid range the most, has minimal or no effect on those towards the top). :)

study1234

HSC
Do what you like and are good at. That way you'll maximise your chances of being successful.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)