Subject selection and dropping subjects in Yr 12 (1 Viewer)

Jehuty

HSC
As we all know, the minimum unit requirement in Yr 12 is lower than that in Yr 11. However, if one does happen to drop subjects, does the dropped subject have any bearing on UAI (or ATAR now?) or anything? Would it be possible to say, pick a bludgier subject for Yr 11 and drop that later and not affect any important outcomes?

muzeikchun852

HSC
As we all know, the minimum unit requirement in Yr 12 is lower than that in Yr 11. However, if one does happen to drop subjects, does the dropped subject have any bearing on UAI (or ATAR now?) or anything?
the min. unit in year 11 is 12units and in year 12 is 10units.

Would it be possible to say, pick a bludgier subject for Yr 11 and drop that later and not affect any important outcomes?
well..u can do that if u wants..but u would want to do some subject that u are interest in.

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
As we all know, the minimum unit requirement in Yr 12 is lower than that in Yr 11. However, if one does happen to drop subjects, does the dropped subject have any bearing on UAI (or ATAR now?) or anything? Would it be possible to say, pick a bludgier subject for Yr 11 and drop that later and not affect any important outcomes?
I'm pretty sure the dropped subject will make no contribution to your final mark. You can also drop a subject as close as one hour before your final exam (you may need some clarification because I'm not exactly sure). Only your best 10 units including english will be included in your final ATAR mark.

d3st1nyLiang

Premium Member
HSC
well you have to pass that bludgy subject and meet the outcomes so it can be recognised as part of your minimum 12units

Jehuty

HSC
Well that couldn't be too difficult, I just want an easier yr 11.

I gave myself a harder yr 10 by having commerce as an elective and another "textbook" based subject as an elective really just piles on the pressure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)