• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Subject Selection Dilema :S (1 Viewer)

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
AJohnston1121 said:
Bio bored me to death. I dropped it at the end of yr 11. I only picked it so I could make up my units cause there wasn't much to pick in that line :(

But plus I love my History's :)

I'am doing Three: Ancient, Modern and Extension its a shitload of essays but I really Love Modern. I only picked Ancient cause I swapped from Business (it bored me too). Now I REALLY enjoy Anicent almost as much as Modern.

So in answer to your question choose Modern History. Also ask the Modern History teacher what topics they will be doing btw. We did the Romanov's Jack The Ripper (That was cool cause we had to solve it) and JFK (it was cool to another one we had to solve :) Now We do WW1, Hitler/Germany and Conflict in the Pacific. Its really a good course if you get the right topics :)
yay! some1 else who hated bio as much as me! i dropped it 2... it was so crap and boring as!

AJohnston1121

HSC
OH and for the orginal Question. Legal Studies is good but you need to weigh up if you think you can do it. I'am beginning to think I'am really gunna fail because in my first Assessment taks I only got 58% (Class Test) :( And i'am already having troubles with my second assignment. I enjoy Legal sometimes but Its hard.

When I picked my subjects in Yr 10 I looked at what I wanted to do/Who the teacher was/The content/Topics we were doing. Same thing happened at the end of yr 11 when I dropped a subject (and picked one up lol) Except I took into account my scored in the Prelim exams.

Legal= Interesting and Good Teacher
Modern History= Love History, good teacher
Ancient History= Starting to enjoy it, great teacher
Extension History= I'am quite obessed with History and same teacher as Ancient.
Math General= Good Teacher, Plus its easy (didn't want to do 2Unit even though I could)
Adv English= Good teacher and I'am ok at it.

Weigh it up against the other subjects, remember only you can make the decision. Talk to your parents, carrers advisor, years advisior.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
definetly do legal studies
its really interesting! ;)

elissa

Water xXx
HSC
i agree with joe. Legal is really good. As long as you have a good teacher then you will be fine. Sumtimes its boring - but our class seems to have all these discussions about everything so its made better. And I'm no.1 so that helps. LOL

You can always drop it at the end of year 11 anyway.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
here is another addition, if you love your discussions then pick it. and i'm not talkng about the drivley discussions that you might have with strangers. but its the spirted ones that you can actually realte and get into. though it scales even, it is a hard subject. that is why lots of people do it. but those who do it, amy not neccesarily be smart, that is why it is scaled poorly, as opposed to maths advanced.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)