Subject Selection, Faculty Handbooks and Timetables (1 Viewer)

mr_magoo

as I have read..

the receipt from the ATO is fine until March 2004 when they need it...

I still don't get what this subject selection thing is..

I'm doing biotechnology and don't have a clue!

The thing is too darn complicated

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Just turn up at enrollment and be completely confused like the normal people. I hope there's a line for prepared people though...

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
At enrolment did u get to pick which classes and tutes you wanted to do??? Mine were all pre allocated...

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Ash, have you already enrolled?

If so...

When you went to select your classes, did you get to chose which times you would attend or did they set your timetable for you?

HSC
i enrolled today and they just gave me a timetable (exactly the same as what i wanted), but i didnt get to choose

mr_magoo

how long does it take to enrol?

is it bam in and out?!

or do I have to wait and hour?!

1 more thing.. will parents be allowed to help out or you have to do all the thingos?

HSC
well i went in about 15mins but thats coz they let me do everything first coz i was missing my physics course... but it takes about an hour, but can b made faster if u turn up about 1/2 an hour b4 ur due (so ur first in line), get the little hecs book early (its on the enrolling desk thingy) and fill in as much as u can on the 2 sheets in there, and the only wait then is in queues of ppl who didnt even know they had 2 choose subjects. its not really hard or confusing, ull b fine... hehehe i thought it was fun

oh yea, and parents are definitely allowed, most ppl had a parent when i went (i walked past all the engineering ppl and did mine)

mr_magoo

I'm doing biotechnology and obviously I wouldn't know what subjects to choose...

do I just look at some list and choose what sounds good or does it have some description as to what's good to study for this and that?

also with the HECS booklet thing, what exactly is it? coz I don't have the Tax File Number yet, I do have a receipt from the taxation office so I hope I'm fine... is it that complicated to fill out?

hope the lines won't be too long :)

I'm on the 10am schedule, hope not too many ppl are in that surname! :p

DangSta

hahaha i will be there.....10am too-last name starts wif D. but i fink i'm gonna come 15 mins early cuz after that i'm going to para.

don't worry much magoo, just follow their instructions and choose subjects related to these then u will b fine:

(core subjects we will b learning for semester1)
-33116 Statistical Design and Analysis Autumn 2004
-65012 Chemistry 1A Autumn 2004
-91101 Cells, Genetics and Evolution Autumn 2004
-91701 Medical Science 1 Autumn 2004

mr_magoo

hmmmm...

I'll copy those subjects down just in case! :p

u from hong kong or vietnam? :)

MoNNiE

HSC
hey.. okay.. on enrolment day.. i've already enrolled into my subject courses and choosen my times on that day...is there any way to find out what these times i've choosen are on the internet.. i've seem to miss placed the timetable sheet they gave us on the day...

DebuOfCourse

OK this really doesn't make any sense.
I'm confused as to how the timetable maker interacts with the server. I know that sounds like a stoopid and irrelvatnt question but my point is...anyone can access that site and create a timetable and there is no place that I could find where you could log in and create one for yourself, BUT it still only shows the classes that are available. What's the point of it then? If you want to make a timetable with what's available shouldn't you be counted as reserving a seat in the class and therfore some sort of form thingy should occur where it confirms that you, as in me, have set YOUR timetable and booked in a place in the classes you select.

Instead it just seems like a bit of a lets-see-if-you-can-avoid-a-clash game. :S

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Dev

Last edited:

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Your probably not doing anything wrong. The timetable maker is annoying in that it has a clash if there is more than one class at that time, which means when the room numbers come out, they probably won't be correct. Do what I do and make your own timetable =).

DebuOfCourse

Sorry to say Jase-Rex but I think you completely missed my point. I wasn't complaining about anything to do with clashes. It just doesn't make sense in terms of virtuality.
If I enrol into a class, how does it reserve a place for me in that class? You may as well have a tripple overflow in 1 class according to the way they've set that timetable maker out. It's not like you log in to your own account and actually book a seat in a class. Or is it?

Originally posted by jase-REX
Your probably not doing anything wrong. The timetable maker is annoying in that it has a clash if there is more than one class at that time, which means when the room numbers come out, they probably won't be correct. Do what I do and make your own timetable =).

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
The enrolment system and timetable system are not linked. When you enrolled, you are put into that class, and you are now in that class and no one else can take your spot. You use the timetable system to look up your class times and room numbers, and if you want, build your own timetable that you can print out and stuff.

wog10

yeah but thats so shit - i went on enrollment day at uts and they put my classes and everything into 'the system'. they shoudnt complicate things and shoud just put up a copy of ur timetable on the site or send it to you damit just make life easier.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)