Subject Selection for Computer Science (1 Viewer)

moonsuyoung

HSC
Hi!
My subject selections are this year and I'm thinking of pursuing computer science, specifically data science. I'm thinking of taking 3u maths, 3u english, eco, business, and computer enterprise (ipt). However, I do not like english but I do well in it so should I take advanced english and take software engineering (sdd) but if I do, I'm scared that SDD will be difficult for me? What subjects do you recommend to a person who wants to do computer science or what subjects did u take in hs if u are doing/did computer science in uni??

asdfghjklfun

HSC
i think you should do 4u maths if u wanna do computer science bc its very math heavy in uni. you'll fall behind if you dont know 4u math when u start uni. thats just my suggestion since im doing compsci atm, its up to you tho

moonsuyoung

HSC
keep in mind you'll literally be one of the first people to do software eng & computer enterprise
i'd pick software eng over comp enterprise if i had the choice tbh (wish i did :()
Thankssss!

moonsuyoung

HSC
i think you should do 4u maths if u wanna do computer science bc its very math heavy in uni. you'll fall behind if you dont know 4u math when u start uni. thats just my suggestion since im doing compsci atm, its up to you tho
LMAOO ill try!! Thankss.

moonsuyoung

HSC
I was wondering what subjects you took since you are doing cs right now!

asdfghjklfun

HSC
hey! i did english advanced, 4u maths, 3u maths, physics, chem and economics hahah what subjects are u doing atm?

moonsuyoung

HSC
hey! i did english advanced, 4u maths, 3u maths, physics, chem and economics hahah what subjects are u doing atm?
Oooh thanks!! For Year 11, I'm planning on doing 3u maths, advanced eng, ipt and sdd (new syllabus), eco and maybe business studies or engineering studies? But I'm not entirely too sure yet!

asdfghjklfun

HSC
cool!! good luck! let me know if you need any help or advice with compsci, its quite fun haha its just so much maths lol

moonsuyoung

HSC
compsci assumes 0 programming/coding knowledge iirc, though it will help to have some. it's probably also nice to learn Data Structures and Algorithms - maybe even try go for AIO
AYYY! Thanks bestie 💪

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)