Subject Selection for Year 11, 2022 (1 Viewer)

goodcat911

HSC
Hey I'm planning to do the following subjects in year 11 next year:
1658576354178.png

Are these subjects fine? I plan to pick up maths extension 2 and drop business studies at the end of next year. I will also be finished my hsc course for accelerated biology by the end of next year. As priorities in my school (Girraween) matter, will I still get Chemistry even though it is priority 6th? Thanks.

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
Correct me if I'm wrong but if you're already doing accelerated biology, can you not place it as last as you're already in it? - then move everything else one place up

goodcat911

HSC
Correct me if I'm wrong but if you're already doing accelerated biology, can you not place it as last as you're already in it? - then move everything else one place up
That was my original plan lol but the rules and notes say that I can't and instead, have to put it as priority 2.
1658578022148.png1658578051438.png

tito981

HSC
Hey I'm planning to do the following subjects in year 11 next year:
View attachment 35968

Are these subjects fine? I plan to pick up maths extension 2 and drop business studies at the end of next year. I will also be finished my hsc course for accelerated biology by the end of next year. As priorities in my school (Girraween) matter, will I still get Chemistry even though it is priority 6th? Thanks.
if you know your droping business, might as well pick a bludge course like slr or art (unless u acc like business).

goodcat911

HSC
if you know your droping business, might as well pick a bludge course like slr or art (unless u acc like business).
I was considering picking slr. But I might do business studies for the hsc if I do well at it in year 11.

Vall

HSC
If you have to choose a reserve I would caution you about information processes and technology. I did it accelerated in 2020 and found it pretty boring. The syllabus for it is so outdated (e.g. talks about 3G being an emerging technology) and it is basically just content memorisation. Maybe that was just my teacher tho (literally just reading out powerpoints in every class). And I'm not alone in this, look at this funny (to me at least) bored of studies post: https://boredofstudies.org/threads/is-samuel-davis-a-retard.243856/

goodcat911

HSC
IpT hasn't run in my school (due to low student interest) for the past 5 or so years so I doubt it will run. I only really put it down because my dad told me to. Also, after discussing my preferences with my senior friends from Year 11 and my teachers, I should get all my choices. Most probably, if I don't get one of my mains (maybe Business Studies), I will get Economics instead. I did change my preferences a bit to improve my chances of getting Physics and Chemistry.

My final preferences:

1659178391554.png

Thanks everyone for your advice :)

Pyros

HSC
I am a current year 10 student at Epping Boys High School and am ranked 12th in 5.2 but I am not being allowed to enter the maths advanced class, or maths extension. My only option is maths standard. Is anyone aware on whether carlingford high school does the same?

Last edited:

Pyros

HSC
My teacher promised he would make sure I would get into maths advanced at the least

HSC
maybe talk to your teacher directly about it or have a meeting with your head of maths and parents maybe

Pyros

HSC
They put me into the bottom advanced which gets folded at the end of year 11 to standard

HSC
thats good though that means you have a chance so just climb rank to no.1 of that class and they will most likely move you up.

carrotsss

HSC
I would try to pester your teachers as much as possible to stay in advanced because that really doesn’t make any sense and you can explain to them how it will be important for you for uni

Pyros

HSC
Why would they make a class that forces you into standard and not just start w standard?? Whats the point
I don't know why they do that tbh it sounds like a waste of time.

Pyros

HSC
I would try to pester your teachers as much as possible to stay in advanced because that really doesn’t make any sense and you can explain to them how it will be important for you for uni
Ok thanks I will go and talk to the teachers again

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)