Subject selection help (1 Viewer)

HSC
hi:) :) :)

i was wanderin if ppl can post comments on my electives and would like to hear others n der career choices

advanced english
advanced maths
maths extension 1
physics
chemistry
biology

still got 1 more unit to do. any suggestions????:confused:
nd is physics dat hard as it sounds?:confused:

drynxz

I..solated..ated..ated
HSC
i bet ur azn...no phys is not that hard..just hell of alot of formulas to remember...extra 1 unit? try fill it up with ext english and if u dont like it drop in year 12 and pick up 4 unit maths. Or u could do another subject

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
If you are fine with those subjects, and think that you will like them and can perform in them, then there should be no problem with those subjects. For the extra unit you could do another 1 unit subject, or pick up another 2 unit subject, which would take your total amount of units to 13. Physics is not as hard as it sounds, just like any other subject you need to put effort into it if you are going to do well in it.

James747

HSC
Physics isn't really that hard. As many say, all you need to do is put in the effort. And you really don't have to remember formulas, they're always given to you in exams, all you need to know is how to manipulate and use them.
My suggestion to you for that extra unit is pick English Extension. You can always drop it if you don't do well, but who knows. Perhaps you may be good at it. Or you can take a language, like me! =)
Personally, I don't recommend taking one unit subjects that you're gonna drop, cuz its just a waste of time.
What are you intending to become?

Cpt obvious

HSC
dont worry about physics it is easy lol i hardley study for it and i perform well

Deltan

Noob pharmer
HSC
849848419848948 said:
hi:) :) :)

i was wanderin if ppl can post comments on my electives and would like to hear others n der career choices

advanced english
advanced maths
maths extension 1
physics
chemistry
biology

still got 1 more unit to do. any suggestions????:confused:
nd is physics dat hard as it sounds?:confused:
lol, you are freakishly just like me, exactly what i'm gonna do except dat i have to do catholic studies(1 unit). Perhaps english ext? I wanted to choose it but we 12unit is the limit

Tuna

HSC
N/A
I did:
Advanced English
Maths Ext 1
Chemistry
Physics
Biology
Psychology (1 unit)

I don't recommend 3 sciences to yr 12 though.

Deltan

Noob pharmer
HSC
Tuna said:
I did:
Advanced English
Maths Ext 1
Chemistry
Physics
Biology
Psychology (1 unit)

I don't recommend 3 sciences to yr 12 though.
Why is that?

HSC
lol yeh im asian

extension english eh? is dat any extra work to advanced english cauz im only doin it ta get a good uai. dont lyk english much

i am finkin a career mayb in medicine or pharmacy

lol mayb u guys r finkin i am crazy but it seems lyk i will b pickin extension 2 maths in yr 12 2

Last edited:

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
849848419848948 said:
lol yeh im asian

extension english eh? is dat any extra work to advanced english cauz im only doin it ta get a good uai. dont lyk english much

i am finkin a career mayb in medicine or pharmacy

lol mayb u guys r finkin i am crazy but it seems lyk i will b pickin extension 2 maths in yr 12 2
Haha, not really :)

mednerd

HSC
N/A
there is a journal i think u have to do in extension english. but i tmight be a good idea to do ext english in yr 11 to help with adv. eng .

Jinpoo

HSC
haha im doing the basically the same thing mate.. except 4 maths 3 english chem phys and ECONOMICS !!

im also trying hard for med.. but its a hard course. youll need some variety in ur curriculum vitae.. that is ur resume.. and all sciences and maths isnt really varying~~ chuck in a social science, as 3 science can get very dull

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)