(subject selection) is it too much for workload? (1 Viewer)

ZakaryJayNicholls

HSC
Uni Grad
Good points about how each of the courses have content focused on particular parths in IT. However, I doubt either course by themselves is enough to become either a professional software developer or professional data or business analyst right after HSC. I'd expect students on the path to seek a career in either would at least need to do some TAFE units like at Cert IV in Information Technology. The TAFE courses are focused on skills directly applicable to the employment market.

In my experience, with doing a beginning six-month/two-term SQL course at TAFE is that the the six month course seems far greater than done for either of Enterprise Computing or Software Engineering relative to the course specifications for the two subjects. And there's then a further SQL course I could do as well, as well as Industry/vendor certification with my interest to get into the field as either a junior Data Analyst or junior DBA.

And around about 2026 I might look to tutor in the subjects - Enterprise and Software.
Obviously the courses in of themselves are not sufficient to make you a professional in the fields, they are starting points into the professions, requisite to the actual training required.

For most professional programmers they will do degrees in computer science or software engineering and for business analysts they will have degrees in analytics and related fields as minimums.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)