• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Subject Selection Options (1 Viewer)

serb12345

HSC
What do you guys think of my subject selections?

Adv. English
Mathematics
Ancient History
Physics
Economics - im not sure what to pick between business studies or economics, could you give me advice.
Industrial Technology

Also doing additional subjects -

OHS - Open High School Serbian, if u did not recognized by my username im Serbian hence why im doing OHS
Tafe Course NON ATAR - CAD Drawing. DOING IT ONLY IN YEAR 11

So guys could u pls give me advice on my subject selection and if i should change anything or no or what should i do.

Additional Information: I would like to become an architect. I have one more week to hand in my subject selection sheet so could u help me out here pls. Thank You :D

Last edited:

enoilgam

HSC
Your doing advanced and not standard, so that is a good starting point. Have you looked up architecture and whether or not it requires you to do any courses in years 11 and 12 as a prerequisite or assumed knowledge?

serb12345

HSC
Your doing advanced and not standard, so that is a good starting point. Have you looked up architecture and whether or not it requires you to do any courses in years 11 and 12 as a prerequisite or assumed knowledge?
Yes i have, it reguires Physics, Mathematics and D&T (Design and Technology) but my school does not run the subject so the closest to that subject is Industrial Technology.

enoilgam

HSC
Fair enough. As long as you like your subjects and feel like you can succeed in them, then you have made the right choices. Also, you must ensure that they line up with your university aims (pre-requisites and assumed knowledge) which you have done.

serb12345

HSC
Fair enough. As long as you like your subjects and feel like you can succeed in them, then you have made the right choices.
What ATAR do you think i would be able to get with these subjects. and What would u recommend: Ancient or Modern History. im good at both as i get A's in history atm but no one is doing modern history so im not too sure as to what i should choose. im 100% i would pass any of the two. and also what do you think i should do. Economics or Business Studies

enoilgam

HSC
Potentially with those subjects you could get 99.95, but it really depends on how well you do in them. Subject selection is really about personal choice, after you have finished year 11 you will have a better idea of which subjects you want to drop and which you want to keep. At the begining of year 11, I said I would NEVER drop SOR II or Maths extension one. By the end of year 11 I had dropped both.

findx

HSC
What ATAR do you think i would be able to get with these subjects. and What would u recommend: Ancient or Modern History. im good at both as i get A's in history atm but no one is doing modern history so im not too sure as to what i should choose. im 100% i would pass any of the two. and also what do you think i should do. Economics or Business Studies
You are able to get any ATAR provided your are committed to revise, study and perform well.
for history, it all depends if you like modern or ancient.. look at the topics they cover and choose which one you prefer
business studies is more easier to interpret than economics. try look at the syllabus and the topics covered.

pick the subjects your LIKE and are INTERESTED in.

serb12345

HSC
Potentially with those subjects you could get 99.95, but it really depends on how well you do in them. Subject selection is really about personal choice, after you have finished year 11 you will have a better idea of which subjects you want to drop and which you want to keep. At the begining of year 11, I said I would NEVER drop SOR II or Maths extension one. By the end of year 11 I had dropped both.
Becoming an architect which would be better? Economics or Business Studies?

enoilgam

HSC
Probably niether. My mate did both and this is what he said about them "business studies is like a watered down version of economics."

ericaerica

HSC
Economics is 'harder' than business.

Economics - less but harder content
Business - more but easier content

your choice :)

Gigacube

HSC
Becoming an architect which would be better? Economics or Business Studies?
Talk to your teacher about this & ask them to tell you about some of the work they do. Ask year 11 & 12 students for their opinions. Either of them will be suitable.

Also keep in mind that you do change your mind a lot during your final 2 years of high school.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)