Subject selection tommorow (1 Viewer)

study01

HSC
hi guys

I got all my subjects for y11, but i am not sure what my last 2 units should be.

3maths
3english
2physics
2chemisty
+ ????

as for y 12 i want at least

4u maths
2u english
2physics
2chemisry

and maybe an extra subject just in case.

Well I am choosing between economics, engineering, ancient, bio? (narrowed down to these option). not sure which one is best. Or do i go with a really easy subject and just drop it in y12. I can also consider SOR1. going from catholic to selective school.
thanks

kashkow

HSC
Do whatever seems most interesting to you out of your remaining subject choices.

kundan

HSC
N/A
Do engineering

It's a really easy subject.
Physics and chem will also help out in engineering.

si2136

HSC
N/A
what about scaling
Are you sure you would like Physics and Chem, not because of the scaling?

Scaling is important to some extent, but don't do a subject only because it scales really well, you must at least do some good in it.

I recommend Engineering as a good combo, but if you're planning to play it risky (I did too), and drop the last 2 Units, do whatever you like.

I did Physics and I planned to do 4U Maths, Adv. Eng, Eco and Bus in yr 12 so I decided to do any random 2 units and drop it at the start of yr 12.

It's risky because there is a lot more work, and you haven't tried out your subjects, so make sure you like it and don't be too firm. I was lucky to be doing good and liking all my subjects besides Physics, so the risk paid off to focus on the 10 units.

Martin_SSEDU

HSC
I agree with pretty what everyone is saying about your last subject choice, honestly it should come down to whatever interests you but if you want biased opinion I'd say out of those options pick economics :D

Also, this might be coming a little late but if you wanted to read something about subject selection I wrote this nice article in my blog that is quite relevent.

http://www.ssedu.com.au/theres-life-asian-5-advice-year-10-subject-selections/

MrKay

HSC
Like kashkow said, just pick whatever subject you like regardless of scaling because you always have the free option to drop it because you already have 10 units. Personally, I would pick economics or ancient since they're really interesting subjects that aren't really related to any of your chosen subjects, therefore it's something new that you can try and have fun with (and in the event that you do keep a subject, economics actually scales the best out of all the 2 unit subjects).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)