SUBJECT SELECTIONS (1 Viewer)

dumNerd

HSC
Might be useful to take up physics, as it’s probably useful for other allied health health degrees like optom and radiography if med doesn’t work out.

Depends on your abilities but keep in mind that UCAT is very important. Doing a high scaling combination of subjects might give you a bit of a boost but making sure that you smash your UCAT is wayy more beneficial than a marginal ATAR increase.

And if you’re aspiring to do medicine, please apply to every university possible (within your means -i.e. don’t bother with Bond if your family can’t afford it). It’s actually kinda common for people to gun for UNSW/USyd med and refuse to apply for the “less prestigious” unis like WSU and UNE. If your heart is truly in medicine, then it doesn’t matter if you study at WSU/CSU/UNE/UoN or USyd, and it doesn’t matter that it’s called a BMed, MD, MBBS or MBChB (degree packaging and nomenclature mean nothing). It’s good to see that you have a big goal so go for it and good luck!
honestly as long as it's med i don't really care. Thanks

vinlatte

HSC
Hey, so im basically in year 11 and I have to pick my subjects for next year. I'm thinking:
-Maths Extension 2
-English Advanced
-Biology
-Chemistry

Everyone is saying that 10 units is risky, and I have always like commerce (business studies side) so I was wondering if I should take business studies as a backup plan. If so how much time would I have to spend doing it?
I would suggest keep 12 units if you can handle the workload, but you can always drop to 10 units later in yr 12.

Having 10 units is ideal if you only want to focus on the units that will count. This is more beneficial for heavy content subjects as you would need more time to study and revise.

Also consider if you want to keep 4u maths. It does contain topics based on physics, but it's more on the mathematical calculations side of physics.

Business is not too bad of a subject, the prelim content is interesting but the report writing can get repetitive. It's mostly describe strategies and how it will benefit the business.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)