subject study (1 Viewer)

Viscass

HSC
Hey I was thinking of making a study plan where I study one subject a night every day, Im not sure how much I should study each one though because different subjects require a different workload. So as a percentage how much should I study each of my subjects as a %?

I do chem, physics, standard English and 4U

lightingbolt

HSC
N/A
Hey bro,

It is very good Idea to study two subjects a day, so that you can study the sciences in one day and Maths in the other day, in terms of practicing alot of questions and writing good notes for the sciences. You could then study the English in the third day, by organised your essays and practice HSC style essay questions to mould you essays to them.

Some of my friends who are now doing medicine and law course have done, this and they said it allows to concentrate on each subject a day, which really helps you to stay organised throughout the year.

Personally, I study two subjects a day. For your sciences, it is a very effective and efficient to get a separate book and download the syllabus for each chem and physics and stick the doptpoiunt at the top and write all your notes, epquations/graphs below it. This way your making notes that are very effective for memory retention and well organised by the time you head the trials. Constantly review these notes and do practice questions as soon as possible.

For maths ext 1/2, learn the concepts properly and again try to get a different book and write all the formula's you need for each topic and find some hard examples for each topic from different textbooks. As this allows you to look for repeating in HSC style questions and also helps you to understand what questions they might throw at you in the HSC.

English Standard doesn't scale that well, but if you do well, it will scale well ( I mean try to be in the top 3 and ace the HSC exam- bam 90+ HSC) Write practice essays each day and look for feedback till you teacher says, its good for full mark, never try to memorize anything, you can adopt your essay to any questions, if you have written a good essay.

You could get 98+ Atar, if you do extremely well in each of your subjects.

Good luck, lol

lightingbolt

HSC
N/A
My notes, are very concise what I mean is that there do not contain any unnecessary information ,like most band 6 notes does, they are straight to the point because how on earth are you going to understand 100+ of notes, as chem is a subject that you need to memorize most of the dot points, so make sure your notes are no more than 15 pages for each topic, this way you can learn them in a day and know key information, on the day of the exam you can write perfect answers to all the questions for a high band 6.

lightingbolt

HSC
N/A
Chemistry: 100%
Physics: 100%
Maths Ext 1: 100%
Maths Ext 1: 100%
English standard: 100%

lol, you can't just say that you should study each subject on a % basis, try to study with 100% effort all you subjects, if you really really serious about getting a band 6. Put all your effort on each two subject separately each day and set goals to help you stay motivated each day, otherwise you will burn out and can't keep up that effort you put in each day.

lol, just remember that it is only, six moths left till the HSC, so you should be studying very hard and working you ass off now, and enjoying your life as a champion. This is a good motivation for everyone, who is going for a high Atar.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)