Subject workload advice plz. (1 Viewer)

Jehuty

HSC
At my school, we require teachers permission to take "hard" subjects like physics, chemistry, and subject extensions. Am I to believe that these subjects will have a larger workload compared to other subjects? How are students taking most of these subjects coping?

K

khorne

I do accelerated Physics, 3U math and IPT, and so far, they are dead easy. If you put in a bit of effort (eg do homework, study before tests (not just on the night before), and pay attention in class) there really is not problem.

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
I have the same thing at my school. I'm sure the workload might be slightly more significant than the other subjects.

maths94

HSC
in my school say example some dumb kid chooses maths extension1..physics...chem etc they are obviously going to say can u handle it etc etc...

HSC
just like maths94 said- it really depends if you will try hard enough in the class and if you do you will most likely not struggle instead if you were one of the dumb ass kids who didnt do anything in the class and expect a good mark

killua_3

HSC
physics and chemistry is definitely not hard. as long as you understand the topics + you can memorise the details, you'll do fine.

a word in advance, start memorising the scientist's contributions and experiments as soon as you learn them. just speaking from experience here....during the trials....head about to explode....

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
A lot of dumb people want to do math 2u and 3u but they can't. At our school, you have to do math 5.3 to get into 2u and above.

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
not too hard, but your school's only doing that to ensure that only smart people do it so that the school's ranking will improve

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
not too hard, but your school's only doing that to ensure that only smart people do it so that the school's ranking will improve
i believe that is a very arrogant and elitist attitude that some schools take on

example: malek fahd islamic school: where dumb people are kicked out and u are forced to do high scaling subjects like 4U maths and the sciences. so unjust

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)