Subjects Advise!! HELP! (1 Viewer)

BloomyLove

HSC Hater
HSC
Okay so the deal is i was really happy with subjects, the lines were perfect and everything untill....They canned Drama, so i had to pick another subject and that happened to be Economics, which i am still not so sure about...
so i am now doing
  • English Advanced
  • Math Extention 1.
  • PDHPE
  • Economics
  • Chemestry
  • Physics
I want to become a Teacher and the course I want to do [Bachelor of Social Science (Psychology) / Bachelor of Teaching (Secondary)] has no ATAR and you only have to get band 4 english as a subject, but I want to get a high ATAR and a variety of subjects to keep my options open.
my concerns with these subjects are
  • now that I am doing economics, and not drama, I believe extention math may be a bit hard to cope with.
  • I Think i will fail/not understand/not like, economics and physics, i can always change to bio on either line, but don't like the idea of doing 3 sciences at the same time.
  • Advanced English = :vcross:
So my options are Dumb it down (English General, and drop ext math, bio instead of physics) and loose to variety in options i could further have.
I could see how i go then change next year
I cound just go with it and do really bad..
or i could totally rearange my subjects, do Bio instead of economics, and Soc && Culture instead of physics and see how i go with that.

I have no idea guys, I am pretty smart, and are in Adv English and 5.3 math as well as top science class, but i am still worried i will not cope with so much.

Please, any opinion or Advise would be Valued!!

=]

Last edited:

BloomyLove

HSC Hater
HSC
Also, would I Benifit from a tutor??

I am actually a Qualified (TAFE NSW) Peer English Tutor, and tutor Year 7 Kids with Reading (But Thats not the point)

gracee09

HSC
when i started year 11 earlier this year i was told to not push myself too hard.... i did mathematics but dropped to general after 2 months. i still do advanced english, legal, business and accounting and find that if you put in the hard work (revision, practice past exams and show your teachers) you'll be prepared for your exams.

but one important thing to do is not stress!!! [even though it seems impossible]

i think you should choose what you think you can handle. :D

HSC
Uni Grad
I think you should just try it out for a few weeks within next year... if you are having difficulty you can always drop or change a subject... that's my advice...

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
3 sciences at a time isn't hard - lots of people do it. Also remember that bio has a lot of content/memory work if you're thinking about swapping classes :)

If you did well/had a rank higher than just below average in the 5.3 maths class, drop no lower than advanced 2U maths. This is because 2U maths is basically an extension of the 5.3 course so you would be fine and general as many people would point out is a "sad excuse for a subject"

I suggest that you drop maths ext 1 down to 2U adv maths if you feel like it's too much work or drop either PDHPE, eco, chem or physics altogether and just have 11 units ^^

BloomyLove

HSC Hater
HSC
I cant drop a subject completly, unless it is Ext Math, because our school has a 12 unit min for Prelims. :evilfire: I am thinking of going down to 2 unit Maths, after starting the Bridging work for Ext1 !! Hmmmm...

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Commerce is a brilliant, no wait, the BEST preparation you can get for Economics - it's basically Commerce revision.

Extension Maths is good, I encourage everyone is considering it at least to try it - if you are the type of person who likes to follow a pattern or a procedure, and can get concepts easily - get it.

Do NOT dumb yourself down, try always the best you can get, you can always drop down if you must.

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
# now that I am doing economics, and not drama, I believe extention math may be a bit hard to cope with.
- why would it be harder to cope with extension math if you do economics? Economics is not maths related.
- extension maths is not hard. you just have to work hard

# I Think i will fail/not understand/not like, economics and physics, i can always change to bio on either line, but don't like the idea of doing 3 sciences at the same time.
- 3 sciences is not that bad - heaps of people do it. However, if science is not one of your strengths, then don't do it.
- If you have a good teacher, economics will be a breeze. I don't think you should be worrying about it.

# Advanced English
- It's better than choosing Standard English + you can always drop down if you find it hard

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)