Subjects for Diagnostic Radiography! (1 Viewer)

Rawkt

HSC
N/A
I was just wondering which sciences would be best for this course in university, I'm already doing Chemistry however I'm a little unsure whether to choose Biology or Physics.

Which of the two sciences would be more beneficial for the course? A small explanation would be greatly appreciated. :)

Last edited:

Rawkt

HSC
N/A
How hard would the course be if I didn't take Physics?

converge

HSC
N/A
How hard would the course be if I didn't take Physics?
All courses tend to build on the things you have accumulated in secondary school. I don't think you'll find it difficult (provided that you work hard) if you didn't take Physics but it would give you a head start if you did.

Rawkt

HSC
N/A
All courses tend to build on the things you have accumulated in secondary school. I don't think you'll find it difficult (provided that you work hard) if you didn't take Physics but it would give you a head start if you did.
Okay, because I read around and some of the courses for this have Physics listed for assumed knowledge, so I was a little unsure.

Elle4zombies

HSC
Uni Grad
A little late, but I do radiography and a lot of my friends that didn't do physics at high school have struggled with that part of the course so I would definitely pick physics. I didn't do biology and haven't felt as though it was needed for the course.

Nerdygirl

HSC
Uni Grad
Hi
I'm also doing radiography but at Newcastle uni as opposed to Sydney. Definetly agree with previous posts that you should do HSC physics as it makes many course components much easier. Though as an add on if you can do biology as I found that particularly in first year there is a real focus on Anatomy and biosciences which bio would help alot for, saying this though I did chemistry not bio due to timetable clash at highschool.

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
diagnostic radiography is a massive misnomer. the people who interpret scans and "diagnose" are actually radiologists which requires a medical degree. as a radiographer, your main job is to operate the machines and make sure that the pictures which come out are easily readable. not to mention the massive difference in pay.

Rawkt

HSC
N/A
diagnostic radiography is a massive misnomer. the people who interpret scans and "diagnose" are actually radiologists which requires a medical degree. as a radiographer, your main job is to operate the machines and make sure that the pictures which come out are easily readable. not to mention the massive difference in pay.
Ohh, okay.

So what steps would usually be taken to go into a course of radiology?

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
get into medicine and apply for a training program in radiology after you finish your degree. its A LOT tougher than radiography (4 years) as it takes over 10 years to become a fully accredited radiologist.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)