subjects, ranking and scaling. (1 Viewer)

lavagirl

HSC
Are my subjects good enough for an ATAR above 85? I really want to get over 85 maybe in the 90's for my ATAR but sometimes I think I am aiming too high with standards like mine.
Here are my subjects and what I got so far this year:

English Standard - 76%
2Unit Maths - 70%
Business Studies - 86%
Biology - (still being received)
Economics - 93%
Hospitality - (still being received)

Biology is my weak subject and I don't know what scales me up and/or down. Can someone please help? :S

Mr L

HSC
N/A
You can never aim too high. The amount of effort you put it is more important than the subjects you have chosen. You're well on the way to getting an ATAR of 85, try not to focus as much on calculating scaling patterns etc and instead focus on doing your best, you'll find yourself achieving more and stressing less.

lavagirl

HSC
@ Mr L: Thanks, I try stressing less but I keep thinking about it my marks, uni, scaling etc. And omg hearing that I'm well on my way to 85 just.. motivates me more. I really needed to hear that.
Sorry @ zxreth I don't know my ranks yet.

HSC
Uni Grad
@ Mr L: Thanks, I try stressing less but I keep thinking about it my marks, uni, scaling etc. And omg hearing that I'm well on my way to 85 just.. motivates me more. I really needed to hear that.
Sorry @ zxreth I don't know my ranks yet.
what about your school rank, given that you don't know your internal ranks...

malharcfc08

HSC
i think you can aim for more in business studies and standard english. around 85 in both should easily get you 85+ good luck :D

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
School rank at least for a guesstimate, and a much more accurate one when you get your ranks.

That said, nice eco result :) Just keep working hard and you can get 85 :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)