Subjects that help to get into Lawy in YR11 & 12 (1 Viewer)

X-Calibre

HSC
People who are doing law degrees or who are just experienced in these stuff. What subjects should I pick in Year 11 and 12 to get a law degree.

Thanks

Last edited:

ToodleOoh

HSC
Well, you should really just pick the subjects that you think will get you the highest grades possible.

However, I definitely think Legal Studies is good for helping familiarize you with legal terminology and the basic concepts of our legal system. So I would definitely recommend that.

I think English will probably help you too as there's a lot of reading and writing in Law and good writing skills are essential.

Good luck. =)

izzy88

HSC
I think generally they recommend for law a high level of English, so I would do at least Advanced.

As for legal studies, if your school offers it, you might as well do it if you are interested in doing law, but it definitely isn't a necessity. Many people I know doing law never did legal studies (it wasn't even offered at our school).

You should just do the subjects you really like and are good at, to help you get the highest uai possible.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Whatever will get you the best marks. That is all you really need.

Only do the level of English you can handle, advanced is fine as university level English is nothing like highschool anyway.

Legal Studies is an optional, law is nothing like it anyway so its up to you.

Good luck

Simpson Freak

HSC
you should also keep in mind to do subjects that SCALE well - it's no good to do very well in a subject that every1 does well in.

If you've got a good memory, why not just all science, adv english and 4u math

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)