Subjects (1 Viewer)

bobsgang

HSC
I moved here from nz recently, and not too sure about how the system works here.
Obviously 2 unit english is compulsory in 12, and only your top 10 units are included in ur uai,
1. can unis look at the other units if you're doing more than 10?
2. if u do worst in eng (and do more than 10 units), does it hav to count for 2 of the 10 units in your top 10 ?

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
1. The UAI is the only selection criterion used for most uni courses. It is based solely on your best ten units. However, for a few courses they'll also look at your results in specific subjects (notably UNSW Commerce this year, which selected some people based on Maths - but they only looked at the Maths mark for people below the required UAI). If they decide to look at individual subject marks for a particular course, they'll look at those marks whether they count towards your UAI or not.
2. Yes. You have to count at least two units of English towards your UAI.

bobsgang

HSC
I thought since im bad at eng i should take 12 units so it wont count... but since it counts Ill be better off doing 10

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
bobsgang said:
I thought since im bad at eng i should take 12 units so it wont count... but since it counts Ill be better off doing 10
If you're confident enough that you'll do well in all 10, and don't want more units to fall back on just in case, then yes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)