Subjects (1 Viewer)

TUPAC

Hey i would just like to know if your subjects have a great affect on your UAI. In other words will i be able to achieve a high UAI through my subjects. Do only the people who do the hardest subjects get the heighest UAI's in the state. The subjects i do are Advanced English, Physics, Software Design and Development, Business Studies, General Mathematics and Studies of religion 1 unit.

:chainsaw:

Kat 18

HSC
no...u can still get a good UAI without doing the really hard subjects. basically, if you're doing subjects that u like and that ur good a then u have as much chance as anyone of getting a really good UAI. the reason its usually the people doing the hard subjects that get the top UAIs is because they are obviously really smart to begin with to choose hard subjects and so naturally they do well...and then with scaling their marks are pushed up even further...

superbird

HSC
not quite true. although u should do the subjects u enjoy doin neway, harder subjects will naturally always be scaled higher than others. (eg: mathematics will scale higher than general maths).
this only applies to the calculation of the UAI though and not the HSC

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
Thats true, but 100 in General maths would pretty much be the equivalent to 100 in 2u. A girl at my school last year did what are traditionally "veg" subjects band 6'd 8 units and 5'd Adv. and ended up with a uai in the higher 90s (around 97)

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Scaling wise not quite, General Maths is capped it is worth about 3 scaled marks less on a 2U basis (not sure of the exact difference)

matt_f64

HSC
N/A
yeah but they cant scale 100/100 in general maths down at all...... i wud understand if u got 99/100 in general maths that the scaled mark mite be 97 or something.. but 100/100 ? no surely not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)