Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by freaking_out
lol, 56k modem- do ppl. still use those? :p
Yes :)
Originally posted by Ragerunner
Tel$tra :p

I'd rather use dialup than telstra cable :) - in terms of cost.
I was with Telstra BigPond Cable since Year 8 and the service has been extremely reliable (and fast, 64KB/s on 512/128 and on uncapped, well, it's uncapped ;)). The "Freedom Deluxe" plans (now replace with "3GB Residential" plans) were very good in their day, offering unlimited data per day, provided you stick to your AUP (1GB/day was very reasonable back in pre-2000 and right up until the 3GB cap was introduced, in December of 2001).

Telstra are actually a very reliable service with very few outages but you are correct in terms of cost - $84.95 per month (or more) for 3GB per month, uncapped downstream speeds and the inclusion of upstream data towards your monthly quota is pathetic. That's the only gripe you could ever have with Telstra - allowing you to download at hundreds of kilobytes per second (almost reaching 1MB/s) and having a measly quota. Other than that, the service is always online and fantastic - provided you have the money to pay for the service each month (going over the limit, in comparison to Optus, means more $$$ rather than being bandwidth-capped).

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
lol, 56k modem- do ppl. still use those? :p
Yes, I'm on Dial-up. It's costly.. especially when you're online for no apparent reason.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by flyin'
Yes, I'm on Dial-up. It's costly.. especially when you're online for no apparent reason.
why don't u get those unlimited plans??...or is it costly bcoz u pay for each time u connect. :p

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Originally posted by Huy
Or a switch.

McLake probably has his own reasons for wanting his own connection. Perhaps he doesn't live at home? Or his cable ISP only supports one session (IP) at any given time, and does not allow for cable sharing (I don't see why not, but I know with Telstra, in the past, they charged $11 per node connected to your LAN for the same IP - dodgy...)

Perhaps it is due to the extra cabling required (you wouldn't want to have network cables running up the stairs and having a jungle of cables around the lounge room, and so on). Setting up a LAN would be McLake's best option - and I believe he runs a Mac (which wouldn't necessarily complicate matters, but I'm also perplexed as to why he would be running dialup, when cable access is readily available on another computer, presumably at home). :)
My problems are various, and I plan to sort them out these holidays, but there are two main ones:

- Modem is to far from my comp, and I would need a mass of ugly cable.
- Wireless is an option, but I am not sure it would go through all the interiror wals it would need to.

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
You must live in a giantic mansion or something? :)

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Originally posted by Ragerunner
You must live in a giantic mansion or something? :)
No, but our house is 2.5 stories, and there are several walls between my room and the room with the family computer (weird internal walls)

Huy

HSC
N/A
thats what u call a manshion! :p
McLake calls it a mansion. :p

Huy

HSC
N/A
Hey, Ragerunner got me for not using periods!

I wrote "eg"
He said "e.g." :p

But you're right, who cares! :)

Wahlito

Back to the original topic,

I just submitted quite a few resourses, but should i submit a change essay for the english section, because its a different area of study thingy next year i think.?

Huy

HSC
N/A
I don't think we'll be needing any Change essays, anymore.

This year, the English syllabus and, as you have said, the Area of Study has been changed ;), focusing on "Journeys" instead of "Change".

The prescribed texts are still the same, I believe - but there wouldn't be any point to having Change essays now that the new Year 12s are doing a completely different Area of Study. :)

Change is inevitable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)