• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Subtexts for Crime-Fiction (1 Viewer)

~Murray~

HSC
Just on the lookout for some decent subversions of crime-fiction and i wondered if anyone had something in mind.

I was thinking of Terry Pratchett's "Jingo" & "Feet of Clay" and Douglas Adams' "Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency" simply because they're books i like and know well. Does anyone know if these would be appropriate?

Tah Muchly for any help.

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
miss marple episodes on abc, especially that first one two weeks ago. The one with the Queer theory twist as the ending =/

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Well, I'm using Terry Pratchett's "Maskerade" which is a subversion of the genre, and I can't recommend it enough, there is also the movie "Dead men don't wear plaid", or 'Pink Panther".

Pointy Ears

HSC
Hey, I've read Jingo and i think that its a perfect subversion for CF, but well, anything with Sam Vimes in it I guess can be called a CF...

ishq

brown?
HSC
The movie Murder by Death - an excellent subversion! I used it for an assessment! Even if you dont want to use it, watch it. Its funny - especially as a parody of Agatha Christie and her fellow Cosy School authors. After having to read a zillion Country House drama-crimes, this was a welcome change!
:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)