Subway! (1 Viewer)

buttercupjuice

HSC
wOO ! has anyone worked at subways before ??
or anyone know how's the pay for it for under 16's ??

hurikai

boredofposting
HSC
wee I work at subway's..

the pay is 6.60 for a 15yr old and 8.20 for a 16yo (approximately)

trao06

HSC
i used to work at subway.

it SUCKED lol!

pay was 6.00 when i was 15, way under the award

and it was heaps stressful cos it was so busy.. and ive worked in a LOT of places haha

i cant speak for all franchises though.. just the one at castle towers.

Apollo34

HSC
I worked there aswell,

I agree with the above poster, horrible place to work because it gets hectic during lunch hours and you get a shitty pay

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
wow ok, no offence to anyone here, but the pay does suck heaps for the work you do. x hours of continuous obedience to customers, i'd rather be a roosters fan.

ok maybe not roosters...

buttercupjuice

HSC
eheh .

maybe subway isnt such a cool option . hahaha wOo , do you get to take cookies home ? ^^ aahha

HyPnOtiSeD

be my bad boy ...
HSC
I work at subway - my friend who is 16 gets $7.20 an hour - its crap - don't work there - you don't even get paid time and a half on sundays - and only time and a half on public while some lucky people at woolies for eg. get triple time after 4 hours :O

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
HyPnOtiSeD said:
I work at subway - my friend who is 16 gets $7.20 an hour - its crap - don't work there - you don't even get paid time and a half on sundays - and only time and a half on public while some lucky people at woolies for eg. get triple time after 4 hours :O
eh 7.20 an hour! Its child labour! Is it even legal?????? Apparently so, but I have to question the morality of the ceo giving people 7.20 an hour.

CieL

HSC
buttercupjuice said:
eheh .

maybe subway isnt such a cool option . hahaha wOo , do you get to take cookies home ? ^^ aahha
I dont think money would be such an issue in your case, it's more experience.

It's not like you're working to pay rent/petrol/bills/etc..

If that's the only job that accepts you, just go for it.... and quit a bit later bwahahha so you have something on your resume =D then just say "personal issues" when they question why you stayed there for such a short time

trao06

HSC
buttercupjuice said:
eheh .

hahaha that was one of the only plus points.. a free sub every shift and free cookies whenever =D

Odette1990

HSC
Woah by the looks of things you guys are all subway haters, my cousin works for subway and he gets about $9.00 per hour, he's 16 though and people 18 and over get $18, maybe its a good subway i dont know lol, depends on which state maybe who knows, im talking victoria though...hope that helps

CieL

HSC
Odette1990 said:
Woah by the looks of things you guys are all subway haters, my cousin works for subway and he gets about $9.00 per hour, he's 16 though and people 18 and over get $18, maybe its a good subway i dont know lol, depends on which state maybe who knows, im talking victoria though...hope that helps
How does that work?

The jump between 16 and 18 is $9? That seems like a massive gap.

Loza33

HSC
Yeah, i used to work at subway...

It wasnt that bad... the pay wasnt that great ill admit.. and often it was stressful and hard work, es[eically over lunch... i got to work with some great people though... the morning shifts are hte good, so if you work there try to get trained to do open...

But yeah, i suggest look for a job in retail first... its more fun and a little less stressful..

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
I'd love a job at subway just for the free sub:p
since i'm finally 18, hopefully I'll get a better wage than you younger people. However, for castle towers it looks like the owner dude just outsources to his relatives.

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
Does anyone know how much an 18 and 19 year old gets paid? Do you also get time and a half on Sundays?

trao06

HSC
ari89 said:
I'd love a job at subway just for the free sub:p
since i'm finally 18, hopefully I'll get a better wage than you younger people. However, for castle towers it looks like the owner dude just outsources to his relatives.
i used to work there. half of them are his relos but he'll hire pretty much anyone. but piece of advice, DONT WORK THERE lol! they are all reeeeally bitchy except for the few around your age..

runtlocks said:
Does anyone know how much an 18 and 19 year old gets paid? Do you also get time and a half on Sundays?
a girl working at castle towers subway was 18 and got 11.00 or so.. CRAP for 18 yr olds lol. and no we didn't get time and a half or anything, it was a flat rate.

hannahxxx

HSC
hurikai said:
wee I work at subway's..

the pay is 6.60 for a 15yr

shite. When I worked at Bi-Lo I started off at $8.35 p/hr (extra on Sundays, public hols etc.)-and I was 14. It was much more quiet and slow paced cause it was in a remote part of town. Some fast food places really do redefine the idea of dirt cheap labour.....kids around the 14/15 age group can be much more easily manipulated by employers, mainly because the employer knows they can get away with it...it's much less likely that this age group will complain, mainly because : a) they're new to the workforce and don't want to stand out b) lack of experience, c) not wanting to lose their job. The last reason IS quite a valid one seeing as they don't have to fire casual labour....they can do it the quiet way and gradually decrease your shifts until there's none left.
Not all fast food places are like this obviously but I know of some that ARE-based on my friends' experiences

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)