Successful Co-op Applicants? (1 Viewer)

skepticality

HSC
Hey, firstly congrats to all you guys who made it to co-op.
I know co-op looks for smart wellrounded people, i was just wondering what you guys wrote in your application forms?

And what do they look for in the interviews and what the interview was like?

And what are the chances of getting into co-op, as in what's the success rate.

Also, does a Higher Uai and a history of extra curricular activities increase your chances say in the Actuary Co-op?

Thanks Heaps

chloe169

finance yo
HSC
Just be honest. If you've done a lot of cool stuff then naturally you'll have a lot of cool stuff to write about in your application, and they will like you.

In the interview stage, once again, just be yourself. They want to see that you can communicate concepts and speak well, so if this is what you're like normally then you should be fine.

A high UAI and lots of extracurricular interests are always going to boost your chances no matter which type of co-op you are applying for.

This is what I wrote in mine:

Outline any school activities in which you have participated (600 characters).

For the last two years I have been the Co-President of the Auslan (Sign Language) Interest Group, a Peer Support Leader, an SRC Leader (Student Representative Counsellor), a Section Leader in the College Orchestra, a member of the Lateens Music Ensemble, participated in all the school musicals, represented the College in the Eastern Region Secondary Schools Performing Arts Festival, at Open Days, Welcome Days, Liturgies, and provided ongoing community service to the school.

Outside of school/study, what has been one of the most challenging things you have faced in the last two years and what have you done to overcome it? (350 characters)

My best friend battles the disease “nf2” which causes deafness. I have been a major source of strength emotionally, helping her academically via the “Buddies” program, and committing myself to spending 2 years learning sign language. This has been one of the most difficult challenges of my life but has taught me most about my strengths and virtues.

From any of the activities listed on this page, choose an instance/situation and outline why you were effective as a leader. (700 characters)

After learning Auslan (Australian Sign Language) with a friend, we founded the Auslan Interest Group at school to teach others the language during lunchtimes every Tuesday. The group has flourished and experienced consistent membership and attendance levels of students who thoroughly enjoy the fun of learning sign language. My leadership skills have been fundamental in setting up the group, allocating assisting roles to other senior students, and planning lessons. I have also found satisfaction in helping individual students master the more difficult concepts of the deaf community in Australia.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)