SuccessOne vs. Dot Point (1 Viewer)

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
Simple,
One's good, two's better.

SuccessOne answers are detailed but incredibly long.
Yor Dot Point responses help you understand the topics in your own way in which you are familiar with.

Anonymous1

HSC
"what?"

Dot Point is a book similar to SuccessOne, providing answers for HSC Style questions.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Use both.

Dot Point for questions covering the syllabus.
SuccessOne for questions that you can do under exam conditions.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
Anonymous1 said:
"what?"

Dot Point is a book similar to SuccessOne, providing answers for HSC Style questions.
Ok cool...

SuccessOne was good because it consolidated all the past questions for you but the answers SUCKED! They were bare and off topic to how the syllabus would require you answer them.
Make your own dot point answers from as many sources you can find...relying on one source isn't always the best for many of the questions.

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
Some of the Dot Point answers are eerily similar to the ones given by the HSC Online website. That said, they make some points a little simpler to understand.

I've never seen the Success One books to be able to make a comparison.

eppingMCE

HSC
Dot Point is Very Good only if ur really serious about Biology, it goes into so much detail, the questions goes on forever answering every dotpoint. gets really boring, i only did arounnd 15question in the whole book of around 300questions lol...

Success One on the other hand, has all past papers, the answers are really detailed which is a good thing, its easyer too use and u wont get bored of doing the questions. it also has a focus area, but the questions in the focus area are pretty crap coz the questions are so repetitive and the answers are so short.

I did found a new biology book however, which is better than both of them, its called BIOLOGY PAST HSC PAPERS WITH WORKED ANSWERS by Catherine Odlum and printed by ODLUM GARNER i think its new, coz i couldn't find it anywhere besides DYMOCKS.... the answers they good u is not long but consice, they also have notes at the bottom of there answers telling u some interesting information about why this is the case, or other possible answers. and its also cheapers, much cheaper, dotpoint cost me $42.95, Successone is about $30 and this one is only $21.

Queen Llamah

HSC
eppingMCE said:
dotpoint cost me $42.95, Successone is about $30 and this one is only $21.
Dotpoint only cost me about $33-$35 And i've never heard of the other two.

Gimlian

HSC
Dotpoint was free for me.

Lol, school lent them to the class.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)