• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

sucky workers (2 Viewers)

table for 1

dreaming... sigh...
HSC
N/A
hey, if you guys are making threads about stupid customers, then i want to complain about stupid service people. [well, i don't know if this has already been done, so don't start telling me off for copying another thread]

well...er.. i don't have anything to say....

but this happened to my cousin. they were at yum cha and she was paying at the register. she was meant to get exactly $10 change, and the chick gave her like a $5 note and a couple of gold coins.

cousin: can i have a $10 note?
chick: aren't you going to leave a tip?
cousin: well i was, from my pocket. but now, i don't think i want to anymore

then she took everything off the tray and stalked off.

geez ! that was so rude of that cash register chick. like as if she should have actually asked.

anyways, share your stories

Generator

HSC
N/A
I'm always telling the customers to come back another day or that the store is out of stock (I work 'after hours' in a supermarket)... I always seem to come across as an idiot, but that can't be helped.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
At one place where I worked there was this girl that did absolutely no work and there would be a huge line in front of her register and she was filing her nails and talking to people.... she got sacked thank god, but she managed to stay there for a few months!

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
table for 1 said:
but this happened to my cousin. they were at yum cha and she was paying at the register. she was meant to get exactly $10 change, and the chick gave her like a $5 note and a couple of gold coins.

You mean she had run out of $10 notes, most likely because dipshit customers kept handing over large notes and asking for smaller ones? That bitch! She should be fired on the fucking spot!

Oh, and protip: most people tend to exaggerate how bad the service people treated them when relaying the story to others, so that they themselves don't sound like arrogant fuckheads (which they usually are). Take anything someone else tells you about customer service with a grain of salt.

table for 1

dreaming... sigh...
HSC
N/A
hfis said:
You mean she had run out of $10 notes, most likely because dipshit customers kept handing over large notes and asking for smaller ones? That bitch! She should be fired on the fucking spot!

Oh, and protip: most people tend to exaggerate how bad the service people treated them when relaying the story to others, so that they themselves don't sound like arrogant fuckheads (which they usually are). Take anything someone else tells you about customer service with a grain of salt.
er...well i don't know if you're being sarcastic or not, but no, i do not mean she had run out of $10 notes. i mean as in, the chick deliberately gave her a $5 note and a couple of gold coins with the intention of making my cousin leave a couple of the coins as a tip. like, she was implying that she should leave a tip.

she's my cousin, and i doubt anyone could have exaggerated that story much. well meh... i don't care, people like to complain, i like to complain and listen

elisabeth

HSC
Well, I bet other people have done similar things with the intention of making it easier for anyone who wants to give a little tip. If your cousin asked nicely, I don't see why she couldn't have done it, when she/he specifically asked otherwise. It was a bit out of order to ask for a tip though.

If it was me and the person was rude however, I would smile sweetly and say I was out of tens.

Beckiki_S

I call President!
HSC
table for 1 said:
hey, if you guys are making threads about stupid customers, then i want to complain about stupid service people. [well, i don't know if this has already been done, so don't start telling me off for copying another thread]

well...er.. i don't have anything to say....

then she took everything off the tray and stalked off.

geez ! that was so rude of that cash register chick. like as if she should have actually asked.

anyways, share your stories

Okay I don't have a story about bad servicepeople but you made me think of yum cha which made me think of the time that i went to yumcha and they didn't speak any english and somehow we wound up with seven pots of dumplings and none of us like dumplings...

And yes I realise this is a useless post.

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
Some bus drivers really piss me off...one time I got on a bus and asked the driver if he's going to central, he said 'nup' without even looking at me, had the grumpiest look on his face. Stupid old fuckwit needs the rod removed from his ass...

Another thing that shits me is people who while serving me, spend half the time actually serving me and the other half chatting away to their colleages. I'm in a hurry, I don't have all day to stand around waiting for them to finish their precious conversation!!! stupid ppl

You get those kinds of annoying workers, but there are like 10 times more stupid customers than workers.

elisabeth

HSC
My school is up on a hill and about 10mins walk from a train station, and a few more from the main shopping center. I had been to the library and was waiting to catch a bus home. The bus driver was a complete wanker though:

ME: smiles, flashes bus pass
HIM: Wait, where are you going?
ME: Home...
HIM: School finished hours ago
ME: I was at the library doing research... *shows back of buss pass, which says it is valid for school/home travel between 6:30am and 6:30pm* (it was 5:30-ish)
HIM: Well why are you at the shopping center instead of waiting outside the station? You've been shopping with your friends!
ME: I was at the library... it's closer to use this bus stop!
HIM: Well, I'll let you on with that this once... but I don't want to see you trying that one again!

Wanker. I'm not carrying any shopping bags. I'm wearing a backpack and carrying some heavy books. The library is closer to the shopping center than the station, which is a bit deserted by now. I don't want to wait there alone. Why the hell are you trying to make me pay a full adult fare when I'm obviously still in school and am trying to get home from school?

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
elisabeth said:
My school is up on a hill and about 10mins walk from a train station, and a few more from the main shopping center. I had been to the library and was waiting to catch a bus home. The bus driver was a complete wanker though:

ME: smiles, flashes bus pass
HIM: Wait, where are you going?
ME: Home...
HIM: School finished hours ago
ME: I was at the library doing research... *shows back of buss pass, which says it is valid for school/home travel between 6:30am and 6:30pm* (it was 5:30-ish)
HIM: Well why are you at the shopping center instead of waiting outside the station? You've been shopping with your friends!
ME: I was at the library... it's closer to use this bus stop!
HIM: Well, I'll let you on with that this once... but I don't want to see you trying that one again!

Wanker. I'm not carrying any shopping bags. I'm wearing a backpack and carrying some heavy books. The library is closer to the shopping center than the station, which is a bit deserted by now. I don't want to wait there alone. Why the hell are you trying to make me pay a full adult fare when I'm obviously still in school and am trying to get home from school?

lol, my school was gay and had 4:00 classes for unlucky seniors, so sometimes i didnt finish school till 5ish and busdrivers always gave me crap
i have a fight with this certain busdriver veerytime i see him about whether or not i can use my uni card as a concession...and i CAN!

baker182

HSC
Ranger Stacie said:
lol, my school was gay and had 4:00 classes for unlucky seniors, so sometimes i didnt finish school till 5ish and busdrivers always gave me crap
i have a fight with this certain busdriver veerytime i see him about whether or not i can use my uni card as a concession...and i CAN!
On the Central COast, you cant use your uni card as a concession, you need to get a private bus pass. So the bus driver was correct :p

deano059

HSC
baker182 said:
On the Central COast, you cant use your uni card as a concession, you need to get a private bus pass. So the bus driver was correct :p
she might not be on the central coast....hello...

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
yenta said:
Some bus drivers really piss me off...one time I got on a bus and asked the driver if he's going to central, he said 'nup' without even looking at me, had the grumpiest look on his face. Stupid old fuckwit needs the rod removed from his ass....
i find that like 98% of bus drivers piss me off.
they're either rude old men with pedofile-like tendencies, or bad tempered, middle-aged wog men with bad BO

llamalope

yes, they're my legs.
Left BOS (somewhat temporarily) on 29/12/05 to ret
HSC
I would like to complain about customer service people too....at a resteraunt nonetheless.
We went to this place...and were showed to our table.....then we had to wait half an hour for somebody to actually take our order. Then eventually they actually did.....then we waited another half hour for our lunch....and we saw it sitting on the counter for 10 mins before it was served to us... The the waiter said "ohh I'll just go and get ur cutlery"...so we waited another 5 minutes...staring at our food before we could eat it....

then halfway through our meal...the waiter brought out our drinks....which we had ordered first. At the conclusion of our meal, we asked for our bill...only to be told that there wasn't one...and we had to go to the counter and tell them our table number...so we had no idea how much it would cost... then i told the waitress that the table wabbled badly...and she just smiled and nodded....

the only redeeming factor was the food...which was actually quite nice...but the service ruined it......

edit: and the place was NOT overly busy, or understaffed

Last edited:

table for 1

dreaming... sigh...
HSC
N/A
lol...that is bad customer service....i'm hoping it wasn't at the place i worked at. nope... i don't rememeber anyone complaining to me about a wobbly table. maybe it wasn't my shift. where was the place?

HSC
90% of computer stores have shit customer service

harvey norman the people there have nfi what they're talking about

i had one talk too me about the nitrogen gas inside computers too make them run cooler :/

waterfowl

HSC
Most bus drivers always seem to be so grumpy...and they never tell you the price of where you want to go. I rarely use the bus, so when I have to I have no idea how much the ticket is going to be. When you say where you want to go, they just hold out their flipping hand, like everyone who travels on the bus knows the cost.

Now onto a funnier story....when I was in Austria last year, we were having dinner in this Chinese restaurant in Vienna (it's very hard to find a Chinese restaurant in Vienna!) and the waitresses were hilariously incompetent (that may be a bit harsh a word).
We ordered two servings of I think it was Schezuan (I have no idea how to spell it) Chicken, and we asked for one to be mild, and the other hot. Anyway when they came to the table this is pretty much what happened:

my teacher: "Is this one hot?"
waitress: "Oh yes that is very hot"
teacher: "but we wanted mild"
waitress" oh yes is mild"
teacher: "and that one over there is that mild?"
waitress: "yes that one very mild"
teacher: "but we wanted that one hot"
waitress: "oh yes that one very hot!"

It was hilariously annoying.
Also it took her sooo long to understand we wanted normal water as opposed to mineral water (they drink a lot of that in Austria).

teacher: "can we please have some normal water?"
waitress: "yes jug of mineral water"
teacher: "no, normal water, not mineral water"
waitress: "mineral water?"
teacher: "NO, still water"
waitress: "oh so no gas?"
teacher: "yes no gas"
waitress: "so gas oder no gas?"
teacher: "no gas"
waitress: "water, no gas"
teacher: "yes"
waitress: "ok no gas!"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)