suffering in chemistry (1 Viewer)

nikkiisoverit

a something member
Far North Coast of NSW....luvly and warm..most of
HSC
yea it is really hard...
i am good at theory but i suck at all the calculations, equations and diagrams...
but my teacher gave me this really awesome quote
"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."
-Calvin Coolidge
actually every science teacher gave it to me...
but it helps its like a motivator....
workin at chem is like a never ending hard slog but it the results of getting it is worth it...also don't be afraid to ask the teacher or ask that person in your class who gets what you dont...you never know they might ask for help and its a great way to study by teaching each other your recapping on what youve learnt...

HSC
Well used and still do find chem really tough, but its just getting your head round all the concepts.

This yr in yr 12 been looking at chem as a more "enjoyable" subject lol cause it makes it easier... We have a great teacher and she also makes it more interesting..

Just had our chem 1/2 yearly on wednesday and hoping i went alright it was out of 72 marks so yea.....

rahrah

¬_¬
HSC
Chem gets scaled hugely though. Anyway, sometimes BSing actually works. I made up a radioisotope and then "discussed" its benefits and disadvantages and i still got marks.

P

pLuvia

Well you probably didn't "make" it up, or your teacher is just clueless :p But at least it worked

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Making stuff up in your response is better than not putting down anything in a test, you still have a chance of scabbing an extra mark or two, which could be what separates you from the guy ranked after you. :p

Dragie

HSC
Yeah I truly made up anything I could on an Economics short answer question on microeconomic policy - I hadn't studied it at ALL so I was kicking myself in the exam after coming across the question. However (it being a 4 mark question), I got full marks for that section! And I was so close to leaving that bit out...

rahrah

¬_¬
HSC
Hahaha same. Meitnerium-110 doesn`t exist i think. Even if it did, sif it causes cancer in fish.

Dragie

HSC
rahrah said:
Hahaha same. Meitnerium-110 doesn`t exist i think. Even if it did, sif it causes cancer in fish.

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL! you got the marks?

rahrah

¬_¬
HSC
Yeh i got half the marks (it was only a 2 mark question.) But the mark was lost because i "didn`t discuss it properly", not because i made up the thing.

vanush

kdslkf
HSC
I Like chemistry. I dont like how it gets treated by students though.

Beat this pun in the spotlight book.

"Acids are not basic"

fuk yeah

samantha_s

HSC
I do okay in Chemistry, but I would like to improve. We're really behind though, we haven't even finished the first core topic at school. So that's why I got a tutor at the beginning of term, just in case we don't catch up.

I guess Chemistry is okay once you get the concepts... so let's study hard hehe. Hmm I might actually work harder these holidays =/ I used to go on msn heaps and play games... hopefully I'll cut down.

passion89

HSC
vanush said:
I Like chemistry. I dont like how it gets treated by students though.

Beat this pun in the spotlight book.

"Acids are not basic"

fuk yeah
Acids are not basic...lol I just read that in my spotlight book - the sad thing is they think it's funny :p

jeffreylah

HSC
I was also suffering in chem before my Half-yearlies, but now since i did more work on it, i accually understand the subject...
My advice as a former CHEMISTRY faliure, that to succeed in chemistry is to TRY the subject, and do more work + add more effort!

Good Luck and i hope i can do the same thing~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)