suggest any tips for revising? (1 Viewer)

MiSSi

hey, does anyone have any tips on how to revise business studies that may help for the hsc?? thanks

dirty dave

Banned
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Gelapo
Get as many resources as u can, don't just rely on one text book.

espacially excel books .........they r good for revision but nothing else

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
Excel books are actually good

they have combination of multiple choices etc...

praise897

Alcoholic
HSC
go through the sylabus, make notes on each topic..
use the excel book too, it follows the sylabus, has some good practice questions

veg

yeah, i just made notes throughout the year, so i'm taking it easy now.

Dillon P.

the excell book is shit. it is too genaral and lists things we dont need to know i sugest you dont use that book unless absoloutly needed

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
sykes and codsi ones are the best, fair bit of info

chapman is tooo detailed..some of the stuff u relaly dont need it..always check the syllabus when ur using the chapman

leading edge is also good, i use that in conjunction with the skyes and codsi one

excel is too brief for meeh i look at it last and so is the hineman one.....i lyk the mind maps in it, and it does have some itnesting case studies in it, but a lil too brief at times and the terminologies (especialli for finance) variations really complciates my understanding... cuz i found myself spenign a lot of time just trying to match up chapman and sykes and codsi's terminologies with the hineman one

bulmer is okies, i used that last because soemtimes it doesnt relaly cover the main areas, but it is v good with details, and the case studes at the end up chaters are also good.

AGB

HSC
the sykes and codsi one is CRAP!!!! i HATE using it.........the chapman one is much much better......

also there is this study guide that is really good - it has like a purple cover and i think a guy called dhall wrote it....it is pretty detailed but really worth it....

HSC
Jesus, how many text books do u guys get...

At my school we dont even get one, we just get photo copies from a text book. I dont even know what "text book" it is because down the bottom of each page it just says "Business Studies: HSC"

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
Originally posted by AGB
the sykes and codsi one is CRAP!!!! i HATE using it.........the chapman one is much much better......
the first topic is pretty appaulingly written..but after that its pretty good..its also good with financial calculations..although it some of the wording is a lil outta line....i rmemeber for this one formula its meant to include all liabiliteis ..however it worded as *long-term liabilites* ..datz why its good to use more than 1 textbook..

yang

the school business HSC text book is good and the teachers notes are the best the excels texts books are too brief. study through the sylabus and u will go good and dont forget relate too a case study for the last question in the EXAM

Last edited:

Dash

ReSpEcTeD
HSC
Seriously, I feel that going back to the books is a real waste of time.
I mean, pouring over the theory in books is so tiring!
I recommend the Jacaranda study cards! They have a summary of the hole course!
Everything in the syllabus is covered, and whats more is that they are only like $5!
They are extremely effective!

EDIT: Going through class handouts etc are really good as well

Last edited:

Walla_888

Where do you get these Jacaranda study cards from and can you get htem for most subjects??????? Any help would be most appreciated:)

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
ye, ive seen them for most of the common subjects at dymocks and other bookshops. ive got the business ones, theyre pretty good. theyre based on the chunky business studies in action book.

ae

HSC
buying everything brandnew will be pretty damn expensive

anyway, is it necessary to get atleast 2-3 books to do well?

sykes and codsi itself is like 500pages?

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
make your own flashcards. that way you spend less, and you learn more. it's been proven that you're more likely to retain something if you think about it when you write it down.

Nah, don't get all the textbooks. You'll never end up reading most of them. Use your class notes, and supplement them with a textbook you find which works for you, when the class notes don't go into enough detail.

ae

HSC
how to find a textbook that "works" for you?

go to dymocks, and stand and read the first chapter or something?

btw, what textbooks you recommend weisy?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)