• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Suicide from HSC... (1 Viewer)

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
miss_gtr said:
i dont think the hsc would push me to suicide.........im more likely to commit suicide if my football team got kicked out of the game. im motivated to do well this year, its stressful, but i wanna do well...... so i stress myself to do so
well good luck 2 u gtr! :)

K

katie_tully

Yes because it is totally the end of my life if I don't get a UAI of 99.95, and I can't get into USYD. :(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
katie_tully said:
Yes because it is totally the end of my life if I don't get a UAI of 99.95, and I can't get into USYD. :(:(:(:(:(:(:(
thats scary

for the reason that i heard someone say that the other day in all seriousness. then i argued that even if she didnt get in there first year she could try and transfer. i think that helped her stop having the whole breakdown because i didn't do well in my english assess and therefore will fail the entire HSC.

i understand the stress from the HSC but for a lot of ppl who have other personal problems during the year it just makes it seem a lot harder to get through.

K

katie_tully

I was being facetious. I don't care what I get, or where I go. Infact, I'm thinking CSU in Bathurst...And I only need a UAI of like, 4 to get in. :uhhuh: :uhhuh:

phatic

HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
I have no sympathy for people who can't handle the HSC. Especially the ones who are really smart and make a big deal about getting 90% instead of 95%. She was one of the highest ranked people in the year and she was still trying to kill herself, imagine if she was just average.
You're an arsehole, and you don't know what you're talking about.

Timesplitter 01

Lord Timesplitter
HSC
SpoRTsGaL said:
Yeh, and that's just the first week. Wait till you get to week two, then three, then four... etc.

Just to point out to Sportsgal , I am about 13 weeks into my degree and it anit geting any easier

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
withoutaface said:
Someone from my school this year jumped off ANZAC bridge:/
Are you serious???? What from uni or Highschool?

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Timesplitter 01 said:
Just to point out to Sportsgal , I am about 13 weeks into my degree and it anit geting any easier
I think they were meaning it gets harder

richo_2290

Take it easy!!!

Mental illness is a serious issue in the developed world with Australia having one of the worlds highest youth suicide rates. As someone whos been close to a number of people with a range of different mental health problems I know what such illnesses can do to individuals, families and freinds. Its quite frustrating to see such a serious issue treated with such contempt and disdain for those it affects. Sure there are a minority of hypercondriacs who play on it for their own advance, however there are often reasons behind this too. To conclude, please try and be a bit more respectful for those with such probelms, and if you think you might be slipping check your ego and get some help - its not a cop out its a disease.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
richo_2290 said:
Mental illness is a serious issue in the developed world with Australia having one of the worlds highest youth suicide rates. As someone whos been close to a number of people with a range of different mental health problems I know what such illnesses can do to individuals, families and freinds. Its quite frustrating to see such a serious issue treated with such contempt and disdain for those it affects. Sure there are a minority of hypercondriacs who play on it for their own advance, however there are often reasons behind this too. To conclude, please try and be a bit more respectful for those with such probelms, and if you think you might be slipping check your ego and get some help - its not a cop out its a disease.
Is it a disease or an illness (ie Mental illness)?
If im not mistaken doesnt a disease imply that it is caused by a virus or bacteria and/or is something that can be detected by machines

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
no its in my year
class of 2005
Louis Navera
God Bless him

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
joe_m_2000 said:
no its in my year
class of 2005
Louis Navera
God Bless him
Ive heard of him, Dont remember if I actually knew him. Shit thats bad, how r ppl coping?? I have a couple of friends in yr 12 now at Oak & dont remember hearing this

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
SpoRTsGaL said:
yeh... well I did mean that it will get harder. I am so far behind it is impossible to catch up.

My sister debated at Oakhill on Friday night. I went and watched her debate.
Are u an ex-Oakhill or is ur sis Oakhillian? I might know someone else on here

kirabolton

HSC
I think people who even consider killing themselves over the HSC deserve to die anyway. If you get so stressed over it then your not going to live a very good life and it's probably easier if they just die now. I'm not saying ALL suicides are for weak cowards, but killing yourself JUST over the HSC is absolutely ridiculous.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Korn said:
Ive heard of him, Dont remember if I actually knew him. Shit thats bad, how r ppl coping?? I have a couple of friends in yr 12 now at Oak & dont remember hearing this
u serious u didnt hear of this:(
its really sad
how did u not hear bout it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)