Suitability for a lawyer (1 Viewer)

Suvat

part timer
HSC
N/A
If you're an honest, considerate person with high ethical and moral standards, is law a career path you should avoid?

Please be "honest" (even though it may be difficult :D)

jay2000

Highest Member
HSC
hahahaha.. :)
avoid or not its up to you...not all lawyers are 'bad' !!

^___^
HSC
haha...

i dun think we should think too much about social/ethnical issues atm...its out of our control...

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Definitely not... !

Don't believe what you see on TV... that's generally only criminal law anyway - there are many many many other interesting areas of law. :)

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
The kind of lawyer stereotypes you see on tv are the "dirty" face of law. Lawyers don't need to be amoral to get ahead, though it is unavoidable that some are (just as doctors and managers can be). A person of ethics and morality still has a good chance of doing well in the legal profession (like my own lawyer) as long as they deal well with their clients. Business gives everyone choices, and it's how you choose that determines your suitability for any given profession. :)

edit: 2332 (palindromic postcount!)

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Yeah there are so many different sections of law. If you become an environmental lawyer or something and play for the moral/ethical team then there's no problem. Even international law is good.

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
how do u noe ur a honest caring person to start off with? u might change and besides being a lawyer does not necessarily mean all the bad eViL myths u hear on those hollywood things u call movies, they're just doing their job

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
The difference lies in the gulf between people who can make the distinction between "right and wrong", and those who can't. "I'm just doing my job" is a pathetic excuse used by people who don't want to face morality.

Hawkeye

Originally posted by Lexicographer
The kind of lawyer stereotypes you see on tv are the "dirty" face of law.

edit: 2332 (palindromic postcount!)
Am I hearing Lionel Hutz all over again:D :D

Nah law is quality. I'm going to go into law eventually.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)