sum1 please help!!! (1 Viewer)

beLLe!~ ^__*

heyA!~

man...im realli stuck!!
therez soo many qstnz in that speaking booklet!!! are we really supposed 2 know everything in that booklet!?!? like that environment/social issues component!?! did anyone get asked those qstnz last year?? =/

and i do 3u jap....our teacherz been on leave for agez and we seriously kno nuffin!!!! i realli need for ideas on social issues....anyone got past writin/speakin scripts that they are willing to share!?!?! PLEASEEEEEEEE!! ......or if u kno of any websites other than HSC online/ standard packages......pleaseeeee tell me!!!

ur help would be much appreciated!!!!

Wilmo

Child of the Most High
HSC
Whoa whoa... calm down... theres nothing to be scared of. I know the speaking booklet looks huge, but its only big if you want to memorise all the questions (you'd be insane if you did!). If you looked at it practically, theres not that many questions you need to know.

A lot of the questions are asking the same things, so you dont need to know an answer to every single question, but to every single type of question.

Eg. If the examiner where to ask What is your hobby, then you were to reply watching tv, they may ask how long do you watch tv for, or what is your favourite program.

Instead of having them ask you 2 or 3 questions from the booklet, they can ask you about your hobby then you say in your spare time you watch tv, usually for about 1 hour. Your favourite tv program is "blah" but sometimes you cant watch it because you have to do too much homework/study.

You dont want to have memorised answers, because they can ask you questions which mean slightly different things, so you want to be able to manipulate your answer so it fits the question asked. They dont want a memorised piece of junk.

For 3unit, the only things i can sugguest are: Go to hsc.csu.edu.au then go to japanese ext and download the sample speaking and writing scripts. They'll give you a good bas of sentences and also possible questions.

The other thing i can sugguest is get a tutor. Find someone in your area who has done 3unit before (i would strongly sugguest someone from last year because you have the same stories and its sort of fresh in their mind). Hopefully you'll find someone who still kept all their resources. They wont be as good as a teacher, but you'll have a definate advantage over everyone else in your class and other people who dont have a teacher.

frodo

MAINTAIN THE RAGE
HSC
For 3U there aren't any other sites but csu's sample answers are pretty much all you need. Just look through the sample answers and write down some good points and sentence structures that you can use under the different topics and if you're going to memorise anything, memorise these.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
I've been asking people for months to contribute whatever they can for three unit, I even got the Bored Admin to create a seperate section in the notes database for Japanese (with Latin) but alas, that section remains EMPTY.

I give up. :(

frodo

MAINTAIN THE RAGE
HSC
i would contribute stuff but i never actually wrote out whole speeches and my notes were a mess. i don't even know what i did with them after the exam

beLLe!~ ^__*

yehhh....dis whole jap forum is only new aye?

no-one who DID do jap 2u or 3u last yr seem 2 want 2 contribute something! =/

I just wanna get an idea of what the actual examz turn out 2 be like....for 3u...what's the best way to tackle the question in that 10minz we have????

frodo

MAINTAIN THE RAGE
HSC
well you should write down or at least know what your first sentence or two will be so that your intro is confident. don't write out the whole speech obviously, i found writing in english with japanese structures or words was the best. don't be afraid of writing the english words in the japanese word order so that you can flow easily when you're reading and talking. try and have a conclusion ready as well

beLLe!~ ^__*

ohZ! but wouldnt that be a waste of time? like writin in english? ....conclusion ready? wot do u mean? =/ and r we suppose 2 answer the qstn? like answer hai sansei desu....or iie or woteva....?

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
oh i gave my jap notes away haha
anyhoo, for extension, i just followed this pattern-
1. repeat the question and say whether or not you agree with it.
2. there are 3 reasons for this.
3. go through the 3 reasons, or 2, or how many reasons you have.
4. conclude by basically repeating the question again, and maybe expand it a little.

it makes it easy to understand, and gives your short speech some structure and you're not going all over the place or getting off topic.

frodo

MAINTAIN THE RAGE
HSC
beLLe!~ ^__* said:
ohZ! but wouldnt that be a waste of time? like writin in english? ....conclusion ready? wot do u mean? =/ and r we suppose 2 answer the qstn? like answer hai sansei desu....or iie or woteva....?
by writing in english i mean not wasting your time writing in hiragana or kanji because usually it's slower for most people, so if you know the japanese word or sentence in japanese then write it in romaji or english? i don't know, to each their own i guess,

by having a intro and conclusion sentence that sounds nice and is semi prepared it'll make the speech sound better i reckon

oh and you can't say "hai or iie" straight out because it'll usually be a statement and then a "what do you think?" question

garry

wouldn't the speaking smilar to the essay? Im sure we all wrote some essay about issues. But i still don't know how they give marks. Im repeating year 12 and i got 36(band 3) in my HSC last year but in my half yearly this year i ranked bottom 3 in class:`(. Absolutly no idea about the marking scale. lost all my confidence now.

hk31

HSC
don't worry
for 2U...they tend to only ask questions from the first few chapters....the personal world, daily life...up to work and leisure i think
they won't ask you stuff about environmental or social issues

as for 3U...i remember a thread i started last yr where everyone can just post up any speaking questions that they've used in class or made up. try digging it up.

anyway...good luck with it

beLLe!~ ^__*

ohzzzz.....thanks guyz!

umm which thread is it??

im realli stuck wid issues! we didnt hab a teacher 4 months!!! >_< sigh....

kochou

man that'd suck, and i thought missing out on a few weeks was bad enough

but i guess once your finished with ototake the rest - issues - are basically self-learning.

X

xeuyrawp

Lexicographer said:
I've been asking people for months to contribute whatever they can for three unit, I even got the Bored Admin to create a seperate section in the notes database for Japanese (with Latin) but alas, that section remains EMPTY.

I give up. :(
You're naive if you think people will want to help other people to whom they are competing.

arisu

PwarYuex said:
You're naive if you think people will want to help other people to whom they are competing.

i would, (but still leaving myself with a slight of advantage or something :p )
but all the questions that i have are the questions already posted anyway.

eviltama

Mentally Deranged Maniac
HSC
helping people who you are competing against isnt really the point. its helping people. Thats it. if you can help someone.. then you do it. it makes sense.

But in truth the putting notes up is i spose more for ex-HSC-ers rather than current ones. Its making available things that helped you, to others who might not be so fortunate (to have a good, creative teacher n such like).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)