Summer '08-09 Chatter Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
woo got another result back via blackboard. looks like there's a $1k prize heading my way

Last edited:

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Silver Persian said:
lol...can any BOS Usyders drive? :eek:
nope

so....close.... to 50 hours. but so far

and then there's the issue of actually having something to drive once I get my P's *need to save for a car*

lala2

Banned
HSC
Here goes another essay post and a last shout out to the exam period, since I haven't been home since Thursday :eek: (ok maybe slightly exaggerating):

- Finished on Thursday morning, Thursday's exam (med chem) wasn't as obscure as feared, which was good. However, it was really distracting having everyone finish early and openly cheer as they left the exam hall.
- Thursday afternoon: sat with some pharm friends outside the Opera House, and beautiful view what with Luna Park, the Harbour Bridge, the Opera House, and the Rocks surrounding us and getting splattered by the rain...beautiful. Which is what I've always wanted to do--get wet in the rain. Pure heaven.
- Friday morning--went to uni for work training. It was cool catching up with fellow colleagues.
- Friday night--friend's 21st. Beautiful location--started with drinks at Commodore in Nth Syd, then to the actual dinner at Harbourside restaurant and even had a couple of fireworks from some random boat near Luna Park.
- Sat morning--recover
- Sat night--SUPA ball at Royal Randwick. Go the little black dress and black heels and fascinators that were there! Such a rush though--made it to the last lap of the last race, but at least that's the highlight of the action.
- Sunday--recover
- Mon all day--uni work, running around for errands. Imagine walking from Redfern, then Fisher, then Broadway, then Newtown station, then to Redfern (ticket doesn't cover Newtown station and there were transit officers there). Yup, slept very well this morning

And coming up--Thursday dental appt and green Ps test, Friday uni work, and need to clean out all my notes. Have two grudges though--one, I got my last med chem assignment marks back, and I got 64%. Not happy, Jan. Especially when the marker was so bitchy and yet took her sweetass time to get back to us (week 9 till now?! crazy)

Two--I've been locked out of my marks till Dec 1st. Is anyone finding this? There's a msg saying it's due to some director's meeting or whatever. So it's kinda good that I don't have to worry till then, but it's also annoying in that I know there are marks behind that lock symbol.

HSC
Your life sounds v. exhausting. :eek:

Argh...I'm filling in my L's logbook now after neglecting it for the past year. It's taking 4eva to get up to 120 hours :(

lala2

Banned
HSC
^^haha, it's not that bad when you're living it. It's only after when you realise. Some of my friends are literally away from the house 24/7 for the next week because of all the 21sts and celebrations and what not going on.

Aw you poor thing, you didn't get your Ls before the new restrictions came in? Haha but I agree it's way more envrionmentally friendly and much more relaxing to catch public transport. My current job and the one before that are both very accessible by public transport, as is uni, and I don't really go out too much so that's not an issue. If it ever were, usually it's with uni people who know better than to not schedule a meetup in the city.

uder

HSC
I have my P's. I have a casual job. I have a graduate job starting in January.

I have a shitload of free time. And am loving it :D

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Goals for the holidays is to go for a run four days a week and make $25k

KarmaKitten

HSC
Went to Westpac bank to open up an account with them. Had to sit through a 20 minute interview about my future financial goals. Found out that I qualify for a $300,000 home loan and a creditcard. I refused the credit card. I know that would be my downfall.

Hopefully I can get my money together before the increased First Home buyers grant ends in July next year.

Conclusion: Westpac branches aren't as nice as my former traitor bank ANZ but it sure has better products.

Plan for today: See a gig tonight at a gay bar on Oxford street.

lala2

Banned
HSC
Wow, where are you planning to buy? How much do you need to be earning to be eligible for that loan amount? Can't believe everyone's growing up so fast and buying their own homes! Takes the meaning of just moving out to a whole new level.

I found out that I'm needed for an event at uni tomorrow, which is just as well since I have my dental appt there, so instead of finishing by lunch, I'll be taking up a whole day. Another marathon walking schedule is up for tomorrow then--Redfern to pharmacy building, pharmacy building to Wentworth, Wentworth to Surry Hills RTA, then fortunately a 2 minute walk to Central and off home.

KarmaKitten

HSC
Well I didn't think I qualified for a home loan at all! I've been saving up for a deposit and then the plan was to get my parents to act as my guarantors. I think I qualified cause my savings are quite a lot + my yearly income. You can check online on their website how much of a loan you qualify for, depending on different incomes.

I will probably buy in the west, cant afford to buy closer to the city.

kokodamonkey

HSC
KarmaKitten said:
Well I didn't think I qualified for a home loan at all! I've been saving up for a deposit and then the plan was to get my parents to act as my guarantors. I think I qualified cause my savings are quite a lot + my yearly income. You can check online on their website how much of a loan you qualify for, depending on different incomes.

I will probably buy in the west, cant afford to buy closer to the city.
nice.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
kokodamonkey said:
You get out of that train fine you got a while back?
"We examined the offence and found the penalty notice was legally issued. However we considered the issues you raise and conclude that a caution should apply in this instance.
You do not need to pay the penalty.
Please make every effort to follow the RailCorp regulations because similar leniency may not be given in the future."

spence

HSC
Rafy said:
"We examined the offence and found the penalty notice was legally issued. However we considered the issues you raise and conclude that a caution should apply in this instance.
You do not need to pay the penalty.
Please make every effort to follow the RailCorp regulations because similar leniency may not be given in the future."
What'd you do?

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
Fly out tomorrow for vacation work. Transferred my cc points to qantas frequent flyer in the hope I could upgrade to business, and just my luck, all seats are full in business :( Will be fun sitting in domestic Y when my knees are already pushed up against the seat in front of me in international Y.

Funny that I have an orientation day and then a week off then I start work :)

amber44

HSC
velox said:
Fly out tomorrow for vacation work. Transferred my cc points to qantas frequent flyer in the hope I could upgrade to business, and just my luck, all seats are full in business :( Will be fun sitting in domestic Y when my knees are already pushed up against the seat in front of me in international Y.

Funny that I have an orientation day and then a week off then I start work :)
So where are you going?

kokodamonkey

HSC
spence said:
What'd you do?
He didn't buy a ticket because "suposedly" the "machine" was "not working". and as he was all suited-up for a liberal event he reckons he was "unfairly" "targeted" because he was of the "appearance" that he "could pay".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)