Summer clerkships 2009/2010 (1 Viewer)

Hardenne

HSC
so they say....

Should be another fun-filled, action-packed day today! Replied galore coming up.

Simpson Freak

HSC
Gadens told me they take photos at their interviews so they can remember who you are!
I might be an ignoramus...but where did you hear about Gadens...i looked at a list of clerkships from 2 diff uni's and still didn't find Gadens listed. On the other hand, nobody has mentioned Mills & Oakley (or wateva its called) from CVmail.

As for what you said....my DLA interview invite orders me to bring a passport photo into the interview....so yeh its pprobably common.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
I might be an ignoramus...but where did you hear about Gadens...i looked at a list of clerkships from 2 diff uni's and still didn't find Gadens listed. On the other hand, nobody has mentioned Mills & Oakley (or wateva its called) from CVmail.

As for what you said....my DLA interview invite orders me to bring a passport photo into the interview....so yeh its pprobably common.
Gadens was on their website, I saw them at the careers fair and in my uni's clerkship guide. I also did a general google search because smaller firms aren't always listed.

I did apply to Mills Oakley but hadn't heard of them till I saw then in CV mail.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Just got rejected from PWC after my performance in the maths part of the test I am not surprised.

The story so far:
*Freehills: Rejection
*DLA Phillips Fox : Rejection
*PWC Legal - Online test invite, completed test - rejected
*Baker & McKenzie: Rejection

*Clayton Utz
*Corrs Chambers Westgarth
*Deacons
*DibbsBarker
*Gilbert + Tobin
*Henry Davis York
*Maddocks
* Middletons
*Thomson Playford Cutlers
*TressCox Lawyers
*Gadens
*Jones Day
*Allens Arthur Robertson
*NSW Attorney Generals Department
*Blake Dawson
*Holding Redlich
*Johnson Winter & Slattery
*Slater and Gordon
*Harmers
*Minter Ellison
*Mallesons
*Mills Oakley

Last edited:

3li

HSC
N/A
lol hardene gna take bakers over db? u traitor!

Simpson Freak

HSC
yeh i couldn't be stuffed working out how to apply to PWC...kept on saying the tax section, so i thought i was doing the wrong thing.

Was it hard math?...my actuarial major woulda been handy there, and maybe i could use the clerkship as an opp to move into the actuarial section :D that's where the action is.

but yeah goodluck, i'm sure Slater n Gordon will be impressed by you, just practice "what is that a broken neck? GREAT!!!"

04er

HSC
got rejected from baker's too, they were high on my list as well :(

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
sucks PWC didnt go well for u mel
I didn't apply to them until just last night
Questions were kinda lame

Not sure if I'm gonna apply to EY :S
r u?

HSC
N/A
I reckon it's a good idea to cover your bases. The accounting firms are my back up plan.

Simpson Freak

HSC
Accounting firms also get back to you very quickly and their process is much quicker!
do you mean an accounting job...or do the legal internships at acct firms close much later than the law firms?

HSC
N/A
PwC Legal used to offer clerkships but this year they are just accepting law students as part of their normal vacation work. I think most firms place law students in tax but I'm not entirely sure.

I think most applications close at the end of this week but they progressively cull people. PwC and KPMG ask you to do online tests a few days after you apply. Deloitte are having some information session tomorrow night and the applications haven't even closed yet.

tofu

HSC
Accounting firms also get back to you very quickly and their process is much quicker!
Seems there are a few more hoops to jump through though viz. application, literacy/numeracy assessment, phone interview, assessment centre (another interview!).

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
applied to PwC and Deloitte now
Started KPMG

Does anyone have the link to the EY application form please?
thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)