Summer clerkships 2009/2010 (1 Viewer)

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Blakes rejected me at 830pm also
i only checked today

I didn't apply to EY
ive applied to KPMG and Deloitte though.

Hoping for the smaller law firms
I regret not applying to the AGD

Hardenne

HSC
I think after all this I'll be going off to finance. At least they wanted me in these troubled times.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Hmmmm latest employment figures suggest over 10 million Australians have one of those.

OMG i just checked....I do too....let's be friends.
...in an field relevant to my degree, after quitting one relevant to yours.

Simpson Freak

HSC
Most of us have relevant jobs you fucking noob.

Get your massive head out of your ass and get the fuck out of here.
hey! go easy on him pal, I'm sure his job is MORE relevant to him...really utilizing the skills required to be a maker of 14000 posts on a high-school forum, despite graduating half a decade ago.

i only dream of having his magnetic personality, which exudes itself from his plethora of troll-ish posts

GenericStudent9

HSC
...in an field relevant to my degree, after quitting one relevant to yours.
Firstly, it's in a field relevant to your degree. Really don't know how you'd get employed by any respectable firm with those editing skills. What I really want to ask, though, is why the hell would you choose a legal job instead of one relevant to your degree in the first place? The only two scenarios I can picture are;

(a) During your university period you couldn’t find a job in the relevant field, essentially making you a hypocrite.

Or,

(b) you’re a dumb-arse that chose a legal job over one that would have been more relevant to you, due to whatever positive social preconceptions attached to the field of law. Marking you as a shallow person who is willing to sacrifice self-improvement in your area of study for the right to say ‘I’m a law clerk/paralegal’.

I’d have to say that the latter is probably the most accurate as 14,000 posts (as others have said) on a high schoolers forum would suggest you fit into that mould quite well.

Anyway to you fourth years out there best of luck, I just hope when it’s my turn the financial environment improves a bit. You guys make it sound asif finding employment anywhere right now is a pipedream D=.

Last edited:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Firstly, it's in a field relevant to your degree. Really don't know how you'd get employed by any respectable firm with those editing skills. What I really want to ask, though, is why the hell would you choose a legal job instead of one relevant to your degree in the first place? The only two scenarios I can picture are;

(a) During your university period you couldn’t find a job in the relevant field, essentially making you a hypocrite.

Or,

(b) you’re a dumb-arse that chose a legal job over one that would have been more relevant to you, due to whatever positive social preconceptions attached to the field of law. Marking you as a shallow person who is willing to sacrifice self-improvement in your area of study for the right to say ‘I’m a law clerk/paralegal’.

I’d have to say that the latter is probably the most accurate as 14,000 posts (as others have said) on a high schoolers forum would suggest you fit into that mould quite well.

Anyway to you fourth years out there best of luck, I just hope when it’s my turn the financial environment improves a bit. You guys make it sound asif finding employment anywhere right now is a pipedream D=.
Haha oh my. You didn't parse my sentence properly, captain.

Simpson Freak

HSC
something every big law firm can relate to:

What? Enslaving some jews and making them build stuff for you?

While I do admit the jewyness level of many law-firms is high, I hardly think any law firm wants to exclusively acquire them, when there are so many asians that will do it at half the price in half the workspace.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Simpson Freak said:
when there are so many asians that will do it at half the price in half the workspace.
i'm glad you eventually got my point. perhaps another version of that poster should show a picture of the great wall. :)

Simpson Freak

HSC
You got an internship?
Very few ppl have a 2009/2010 law internship as of this moment...zero really. I'll tell ya after all those rounds of interviews :(

I'm afraid it still doesnt change your evident douchebaggery...now frak off

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)