Summer Course GenED (1 Viewer)

hbk_ace

your all F**k Liars
hey guys, anyone doin Gened during summer??

and would anyone know where to ind out how many ppl have enroled in a course.

im goin to enrol in the a journey on the Silky road course but i want to know if the minimum enrolment requirement is met, i dont want to pick and not able to do it.

sunny

meh.
HSC
Search for the class on myUNSW. It will list enrolment numbers. Its a bit early, most courses still have 0 enrolled.

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
hbk_ace said:
hey guys, anyone doin Gened during summer??

and would anyone know where to ind out how many ppl have enroled in a course.

im goin to enrol in the a journey on the Silky road course but i want to know if the minimum enrolment requirement is met, i dont want to pick and not able to do it.
I think enrolment for summer gened is 26th Nov and they told me you can just do it on myUNSW as you normally do for your other subjects. I am thinking about doing one, but I want to do one with 0 contact hours cos I don't think the company I'm doing the internship with will be too happy if I ask for study leave.

hbk_ace

your all F**k Liars
thanks, i got it now haha, its along the silk road and no one has enroled yet, but the cut off date is this wenesday isnt it??

oh also, it says minimum enrol 0, does that me if im the only one doin it it will still go ahead?

i like this one, its friday saturday and sunday, from 10 am to 6 pm or something,

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
hbk_ace said:
thanks, i got it now haha, its along the silk road and no one has enroled yet, but the cut off date is this wenesday isnt it??

oh also, it says minimum enrol 0, does that me if im the only one doin it it will still go ahead?
Is it? Damn I have to think about it seriously then...

Could mean that. Call the uni & ask just to make sure so they don't screw you around if you enrol.

sunny

meh.
HSC
hbk_ace said:

i like this one, its friday saturday and sunday, from 10 am to 6 pm or something,
There are a number of summer session courses. The cut off date you talk about is probably for the first lot of summer session (session XA). There XB and XC early next year.

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
sunny said:
There are a number of summer session courses. The cut off date you talk about is probably for the first lot of summer session (session XA). There XB and XC early next year.
Oooh so that's what the A, B & C mean. Thanks for that.

sunny

meh.
HSC
Well...they don't actually stand for anything. XA courses start early, and are usually the longest courses. XB and XC are short courses, usually just a couple of weeks long.

hbk_ace

your all F**k Liars
hmm A means the course is over 7 weeks, B means its less then 7 weeks but start in jan, c means less then 7 weeks and start in feb

ok, i read the thing on myunsw it says we can enrol on myunsw from 9am 23/11/04

but the cut offs for XA courses are like 22/11/04...u knwo how that works sunny?

i dont really care as the one im goin to do is XB so i be ok

sunny

meh.
HSC
hbk_ace said:
but the cut offs for XA courses are like 22/11/04...u knwo how that works sunny?
They just mean if you want to do an XA course, you need to enrol by then, since XA courses start earlier.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
sunny, is this gen ed XA??
GENS7601 - Earth - The Dynamic Planet
Session X1 (14 - 17 December 2004)

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
Survivor39 said:
Where were you able to find the dates?

sunny

meh.
HSC
Survivor39 said:
Judging from the starting date, yep. XA courses start in 2004. XB and XC courses would start in 2005.

But strange....this course isn't showing up on myUNSW or the Virtual Handbook for summer session, but its listed by the Faculty of Science. I suggest you contact the informant for the course and ask whats happening.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
i know. i couldn't find it, but it's on the Biological sciences website too.

could it be they cancled it recently and forgot to change the detail on the BEES site??

sunny

meh.
HSC
Thats unlikely. Gen eds are not well documented, most of the time you won't even find any information on them. More likely than not its the Virtual Handbook or myUNSW that have not been updated to include the course.

I would suggest you contact BEES to find out for sure.

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
when can you do the arty type gen eds? i had a look at the handbook and all the interesting subjects arent available for summer.

sunny

meh.
HSC
If they're not available for summer they probably run during the mainstream sessions.

hbk_ace

your all F**k Liars
need help, i tried to enrol in the HIV gen ed course (online only) and the Along the Silk road gen ed course (lectures involved) and its not letting me choose the latter course..

why?? it ways requirements not met... huh?? are we allowed to do 2 gen ed course in summer

ohh, it says pending, but dont appear on my class time table?? is it becos they are waiting to see how many ppl enrol??

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
hbk_ace said:
need help, i tried to enrol in the HIV gen ed course (online only) and the Along the Silk road gen ed course (lectures involved) and its not letting me choose the latter course..

why?? it ways requirements not met... huh?? are we allowed to do 2 gen ed course in summer

ohh, it says pending, but dont appear on my class time table?? is it becos they are waiting to see how many ppl enrol??
As far as I know enrollement is not offically open yet, so it is probably "pending" until it is ...

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Enrolment officially opens 9am on December 13

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)