Summer Course (1 Viewer)

keithwf

HSC
N/A
hey has anyone had any idea about the summner course? Im considering doign 3 subjects nect sem and 1 in the summercourse...
thnaks

blackrider89

HSC
hey has anyone had any idea about the summner course? Im considering doign 3 subjects nect sem and 1 in the summercourse...
thnaks
The curricula in summer course are often easier, especially Business Law unit.

Yup, u can study 3 next sem and 1 in Summer course. If u 're an overseas guy, all u have 2 do is study 8 subjects/year. No matter how u do it.

Last edited:

tajid73

HSC
I totally disagree with you for this one.. IMO, if you are looking for D/HD , DO NOT do summer course. I have no idea how they actually mark during the summer course. .But if you are aiming at Pass, do it, it's easy to pass but hard to get good marks. Many of my friends got D/Hd for almost all of their subjects, and only pass from the summer unit they did (me as well unfortunately).
And if you want to really understand the unit itself, do not do summer. 2-3 weeks study for the whole semester unit is insane. I prefer doing 4 units in 1 semester than doing 3 and then 1 in the summer.

That's just my opinion though..

*jellz*

HSC
Your success in summer courses will depend purely on your personality type. If you're an intensive crammer and you thrive off of pressure, like me, you should do well. I did four courses in summer overall, and got 2 Ds and 2 HDs.

If you're the kind of person with a more level and organised approach to study, the intensity of it is actually likely to freak you out. In short, forget being organised- in summer school its near impossible.

Here would be my summation:

Pros: get the course over with in a fraction of the time. Less detail/lower standard expected on assessments.

Cons: Intense- it sucks while you're doing it. Those on-campus sessions are all day, compulsory and lo-ong. Also, more expensive- and no HECS coverage. You will need to use FEE-HELP or pay full fee.

Hope that helps!

merillem

HSC
You could also do a short course overseas instead of at MQ - check out the International Office website, they've got quite a few courses around the world, there's definitely one in Denmark at Aarhus School of Business which is good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)