Summer Dresses (1 Viewer)

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
I'm finding that it's getting hard to find ones that people won't already have....

As in, the same ones in different shops.

But yes, my love for them is like whoa.

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC
I am completely obsessed!! It's like an addiction, I have heaps but I just keep on buying more and more :eek:

Ingoesout

HSC
N/A
ur_inner_child said:
I'm finding that it's getting hard to find ones that people won't already have....

As in, the same ones in different shops.

But yes, my love for them is like whoa.
Yeah I had that problem, but I got over it. Basically everything someone wears is just a variation on what someone else is wearing.

Plus I like the fact they look flattering on almost anyone. And it's like I put on a dress and it's all WOO PRETTY TIME!! And they swish, and they're cool (temperature wise) and they're easy to put on and easy to coordinate and and their girly and their comfortable and their not too short to prevent me from doing anything (besides cartwheeling) you can dress them up and dress them down and spin and twirl and jup and play and THEY JUST MAKE ME STUPIDLY HAPPY!

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
ARGH i hate every single summer dress out there.

Maybe because I'm a little picky :eek:. All I want is a plain cotton sundress and I can't find a single cute one.

Plus can I say how shitty sizing is? None of the pretty dresses fit me :( I tried on a six from one of those kooky asian stores. TOO BIG.

Stupid dresses.

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A
I also have difficulty finding dresses small enough for me, not just in size but also length. So many of them are TOO LONG and just swamp me. :(

I love vintage sundresses, but again there is a problem finding teeny tiny ones. :(

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Serious Sarah?

Come shopping with me. I'm a size 8 and I keep finding skirts too small or short for me.

Also, I'm so not a fan of the fact that the trends are balloon dresses and the ones the wrap your boobs and then "rest of dress". Not everyone can pull it off, and I'm irritated that everyone tries to.

Last edited:

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
I'm also picky about prints. I just want a solid block color sundress that's not fucking jersey material and is not spaghetti strappy or weird strappy. Ugly dresses fit me, just not purdy ones :(

Ew hate bubble dresses. And do you mean those tube dresses where it's all tight around your boobs then flows out? Cause they look crap on everyone IMO

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Hahah yes I agree, unless you have a fantastic body.

Otherwise they make you looker preggers.

God, have to rummage through a heap to avoid those.

Ingoesout

HSC
N/A
Tulipa said:
I'm also picky about prints. I just want a solid block color sundress that's not fucking jersey material and is not spaghetti strappy or weird strappy. Ugly dresses fit me, just not purdy ones :(

Ew hate bubble dresses. And do you mean those tube dresses where it's all tight around your boobs then flows out? Cause they look crap on everyone IMO
Preggers Dresses!!! I Had an idiot moment and bought one, seriously I look pregnant in it, and I'm only very skinny! i saw a really nice plain blue dress in newtown, um the shop was called "Monkey Business" or "Monkey Wrench" .. it was definately monkey something. It was quite big, but really nice, i'm sure they could get it in smaller sizes.

Although my favourite moment was when i tried on a size 8, too big, i asked for a 6 and the lady full on snorted and goes "That dress isn't made in a size 6" If i was after a size 16 and they didn't make it that would be discrimination!

But i still love them!

alby

cool duckie
HSC
i own a fair few skirts, but i dont think i actually own any dresses!
probably caus i have really ugly legs :(

kaylz

HSC
Ingoesout said:
Preggers Dresses!!! I Had an idiot moment and bought one, seriously I look pregnant in it, and I'm only very skinny! i saw a really nice plain blue dress in newtown, um the shop was called "Monkey Business" or "Monkey Wrench" .. it was definately monkey something. It was quite big, but really nice, i'm sure they could get it in smaller sizes.

Although my favourite moment was when i tried on a size 8, too big, i asked for a 6 and the lady full on snorted and goes "That dress isn't made in a size 6" If i was after a size 16 and they didn't make it that would be discrimination!

But i still love them!
munkybizness cafe:)

gracie007

HSC
i am absolutely obsessed with pretty dresses
i think my bf is annoyed that i always check auctions on ebay for them
but i guess he loves the way they look!

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Wow.

I just went to valleygirl, and even though you have to dig into the shitty (oh so shitty) summer dresses, there are some nice flattering and simple dresses... ones that are one block colour.

I take back anytime I said valleygirl was shit.

Last edited:

Skeeta

HSC
Valleygirl has some fantastic stuff, you just have to dig through the piles of crap to get to it!

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Yep, love for Valleygirl.

I bought a dress there that makes me look preggers because it sort of wraps around and falls straight down from the middle of the boobs, if that makes sense. Plus nobody would ever believe I'm preggers cos my boobs aren't big enough.

If I carefully cinch it, though, it would be awesome. It has loverly autumn colours.

Hmmm I also got a straight black dress with plain white flower/vine patterns on it. It's skintight to the bum so it certainly doesnt make me look preggers. It's nice and cool, as well, good for skipping around the house or at uni.

A lot of Valleygirl stuff is weeird or uggers, though. But they have cute shorts and some nice tops and there's always heeeeeaps of stock to search through, and it's sorted vaguely by colour in Parramatta.
AND it's cheap.

gracie007

HSC
I got a REALLY nice dress from valleygirl ...its just a simple white one, think it cost about 39 bucks. go check it out its real awesome, and u can full dress it up or down, add heaps of accessories. its great!

lengy

HSC
This thread should be sticked. Dresses are hot.

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
oh i could love summer for this reason alone! after being like a tomboy forever and ignoring dresses, i believe the time has come for me to be a little girly :D they look so flattering and fun n r quite attractive at a good price...although yeh heaps of things out now are like pregnant clothing and stuff that make u look like a chameleon, u need to do a good search through malls 2 find something 2 suit, but there r plenty and plenty of dresses so if its not somewhere it'll be somewhere else!

alby

cool duckie
HSC
alby said:
i own a fair few skirts, but i dont think i actually own any dresses!
probably caus i have really ugly legs :(
edit this, i have 1 dress. i dont wear it too much (not the biggest fan of the cut/material..but i didnt pay for it), but i still have it
*considers buying more dressed*
what styles dont show off ugly (kinda fat) knees, but still look sexy?
i love the cute strapless dresses, with simple, yet sexy patterns..and sometimes a bit of ribbon under the bust. you've probably all seen the style a million times. they're great caus you dont have to be heaps dressy in them :D <3

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)