Summer Holidays Chatter Thread 09-10 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

X2RADialbomber

mandapanda
HSC
I have Monday off and only one lecture on Thursday. (It's the only thing I have on Thursday and it's at 9:00am!) I suppose I can't complain though. :p

jet

Banned
HSC
Has anyone had a difficult clash before that had to be resolved by staff? What's the chances of me keeping my normal subjects?

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Maybe it's not such a bad thing that uni is about to go back.

Makes me give up my sedentary lifestyle. Get out of bed and walk to the train station.

amber44

HSC
Didn't history and philosophy of science have an intro unit? They've now seemed to have developed a full on offering.

KarmaKitten

HSC
Has anyone had a difficult clash before that had to be resolved by staff? What's the chances of me keeping my normal subjects?
A clash of lectures is usually very impossible to resolve. Unless a) there is another stream for that lecture or b) you can convince a lecturer to move their lectures. Which I really doubt they would.

Then again, a history lecturer of mine once found out a lot of students had clashes with his subject and decided to do online lectures. Which was very nice of him.

KarmaKitten

HSC
Got my student I.D today, timetable is set. Now webct needs to start showing my subjects and then I will feel like uni is starting again.

jet

Banned
HSC
A clash of lectures is usually very impossible to resolve. Unless a) there is another stream for that lecture or b) you can convince a lecturer to move their lectures. Which I really doubt they would.

Then again, a history lecturer of mine once found out a lot of students had clashes with his subject and decided to do online lectures. Which was very nice of him.
Ok thanks.

I looked, and it's a clash between both streams of the BIOL1903 lab and lectures/tutorials from other subjects. I'm not quite sure what to do...

KarmaKitten

HSC
Ok thanks.

I looked, and it's a clash between both streams of the BIOL1903 lab and lectures/tutorials from other subjects. I'm not quite sure what to do...
So your BIOL lab is giving you a clash with another subject's tutes OR lectures? What is the other subject that is giving you a clash?

Well tutorials are compulsory. so are labs i think (anyone correct me if i'm wrong). Lectures are usually not. You could not go to this particular lecture and try to stay focused by keeping on track with tutorial readings, using lecture slides to assist you. And not change any subjects.

Or you could change subjects to suit your timetable I guess and avoid clashes and missing classes.

jet

Banned
HSC
Well one stream of the BIOL lab clashes with a PHYS lecture and the other stream clashes with a MATH lecture, and a CHEM tutorial and lecture.

The obvious choice would be to skip the PHYS lecture but my problem with that is I'm on a probation type scheme with that. I hadn't done HSC physics but they gave me permission for the advanced stream because I did really well with the Cosmology distinction course (I'm pretty lucky the guy knew me). I don't know whether skipping the PHYS lecture would be a good idea.

KarmaKitten

HSC
Well one stream of the BIOL lab clashes with a PHYS lecture and the other stream clashes with a MATH lecture, and a CHEM tutorial and lecture.

The obvious choice would be to skip the PHYS lecture but my problem with that is I'm on a probation type scheme with that. I hadn't done HSC physics but they gave me permission for the advanced stream because I did really well with the Cosmology distinction course (I'm pretty lucky the guy knew me). I don't know whether skipping the PHYS lecture would be a good idea.
Yeah. You really need to go speak with someone about the clashes. It sounds too complicated to be simply fixed by changing things around.

jet

Banned
HSC
Ok thanks :) I'm going in on Monday, hopefully I get to keep everything.

amber44

HSC
Has anyone done WRIT1001 before? How 'easy' is it? What other cruisy, filler subjects are there?

spence

HSC
Has anyone done WRIT1001 before? How 'easy' is it? What other cruisy, filler subjects are there?
Critical thinking in philosophy is pretty cruisy and enjoyable, and has a really good lecturer. Its a second year unit but there are no pre-reqs

amber44

HSC
Critical thinking in philosophy is pretty cruisy and enjoyable, and has a really good lecturer. Its a second year unit but there are no pre-reqs
What's the assessment schedule?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)