Summer Holidays Chatter Thread 09-10 (1 Viewer)

Justina

HSC
arghh!!
Anyone else going crazy waiting to see if they've successfully transferred into another program?
I didn't think I'd be so wound up about this - I didn't meet the criteria for a guaranteed place in comb Law, but a girl can hope?!

onholidays

HSC
Have you considered if not UNSW Law, well what about Macquarie Uni Law or UTS Law? They are pretty highly regarded as well.

But I'm going super crazy waiting for my supplementary exam results. OMG, I am still waiting for the results of one exam. I know I passed another exam and I am waiting to see if anything can be done to appeal for a Pass Conceded for another subject.

All in all, I am pretty worried too. Especially since I found out summer school is actually quite hard and done entirely online with no lecturers and tutorials. So I will definitely be dragged back by half a year if I fail even just one core subject. I understand your pain.

Justina

HSC
Have you considered if not UNSW Law, well what about Macquarie Uni Law or UTS Law? They are pretty highly regarded as well.

But I'm going super crazy waiting for my supplementary exam results. OMG, I am still waiting for the results of one exam. I know I passed another exam and I am waiting to see if anything can be done to appeal for a Pass Conceded for another subject.

All in all, I am pretty worried too. Especially since I found out summer school is actually quite hard and done entirely online with no lecturers and tutorials. So I will definitely be dragged back by half a year if I fail even just one core subject. I understand your pain.
Yeah, I have considered switching uni's but it's so much fuss and UNSW has really grown on me. Also, I think this is the best place to do a Commerce degree.
If I don't get into law now I plan to do a Juris Doctor after my commerce degree - I think I can even start it during my last year of Commerce. I don't know the criteria to get in though, will just have to keep my WAM as high as possible.

Good luck with your exam results!

Justina

HSC
awwww man, I just got the email =( Didn't get in.
Kinda gutted, but there's not much I can do...

ah well :(

Last edited:

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
that sucks

better luck next time.

question - would you guys recommend i pick up a science (mathematics) degree along with my civil eng one?

i was thinking of doing a doujble until relaising ill misso ut on a few electives which i'd be keen on doing.

could always do the math degree as a post grad too.

anyone done this combination before?

HSC
unlucky Justina :(
Reapply again for S2 '10

Good news for me though, i got my transfer

onholidays

HSC
Kev, transfer to what degree? I thouht u were already doing law?

whoisurdaddy

HSC
After 2nd year they only look at your WAM right? Would 75+ be enough to transfer from commerce to law?

TehAzner

HSC
N/A
awwww man, I just got the email =( Didn't get in.
Kinda gutted, but there's not much I can do...

ah well :(
Bad luck there. As Kevin said above, reapply next year. Congrats Kevin, what transfer offer did you get??

HSC
Kev, transfer to what degree? I thouht u were already doing law?
Bad luck there. As Kevin said above, reapply next year. Congrats Kevin, what transfer offer did you get??
ahh ecownomiks.

I have a problem you guys.

Acceptance Process Part Two - not yet available
You have now completed Part I of the acceptance process.

IF YOU ARE ACCEPTING AN OFFER FOR SEMESTER 1, 2010:
Part II, which involves enrolling in specific courses, will be available in December 2009.

The University will not consider that you have formally accepted your offer until you have completed Parts I and II AND enrolled according to your program requirements.
Not yet available because Enrollments for ASB people haven't opened yet? I have to complete my acceptance by 16 Dec

Uncle

Banned
HSC
that sucks

better luck next time.

question - would you guys recommend i pick up a science (mathematics) degree along with my civil eng one?

i was thinking of doing a doujble until relaising ill misso ut on a few electives which i'd be keen on doing.

could always do the math degree as a post grad too.

anyone done this combination before?
i was gonna transfer to a double degree mechanical eng/materials science but then i gotta do a shitload of other electives to fill up 240 UOC stealing 2 extra years or more.
fuck that.
rather spend an extra 1 to 1.5 years in masters.

Then professional electives...
REFRIGERATION AND AIR CONDITIONING.
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

ahh ecownomiks.

I have a problem you guys.

Not yet available because Enrollments for ASB people haven't opened yet? I have to complete my acceptance by 16 Dec
I also have the same problem you guys.
although i am have accept offer, I also cannot proceed past Part II, my enrollment begins tomorrow afternoon.

HSC
I also have the same problem you guys.
although i am have accept offer, I also cannot proceed past Part II, my enrollment begins tomorrow afternoon.
Called up Student Central today, Part II is not available till enrollments open, however we're fine if we've completed Part I.

What offer did ya get Mr Uncle sir?

Uncle

Banned
HSC
Called up Student Central today, Part II is not available till enrollments open, however we're fine if we've completed Part I.

What offer did ya get Mr Uncle sir?
I just dropped a double degree to the single degree of Mechanical Engineering because life is short and there is a lot to enjoy and laugh about in this current life before meeting 72 virgins in heaven as promised by Allah sorry for that joke I needed an example.

TehAzner

HSC
N/A
I just dropped a double degree to the single degree of Mechanical Engineering because life is short and there is a lot to enjoy and laugh about in this current life before meeting 72 virgins in heaven as promised by Allah sorry for that joke I needed an example.
lol @ strikeout text. Congrats to you too Uncle ^^

onholidays

HSC
Hey guys!

I just found out I passed all my core subjects! (Well, almost, except for the one I'm waiting for a PC on but I'll have to wait a wk for Student Central to run the Concession Algorithm on their secret machine.) Hopefully I pass taht too but the important thing I guess is that I passed all teh subjects which would have hindered me from majoring in my chosen major next year, had I been forced to repeat them.

Thanks so much for everybody's help! I don't know if anyone really cares lol but I thought I should say sth anyway since I have been blabbing my problems onto the site in the past few days.

Uncle

Banned
HSC
Hey guys!

I just found out I passed all my core subjects! (Well, almost, except for the one I'm waiting for a PC on but I'll have to wait a wk for Student Central to run the Concession Algorithm on their secret machine.) Hopefully I pass taht too but the important thing I guess is that I passed all teh subjects which would have hindered me from majoring in my chosen major next year, had I been forced to repeat them.

Thanks so much for everybody's help! I don't know if anyone really cares lol but I thought I should say sth anyway since I have been blabbing my problems onto the site in the past few days.
if you didnt attend the required number of tutorials like a good kid they may think twice about giving you a PC.

lol @ strikeout text. Congrats to you too Uncle ^^
and, why thank you TehAzner!
and now to speak to the general office about being unable to enrol in 2 courses!
then
brb to da unigym to be more BEEF.

onholidays

HSC
@uncle: I attended 80% of my tutes for that subject...I am 80% sure of that. 80% certainty is pretty good though so if they deem me not to have, I am going to fight for that PC. The tutor better not have recorded my attendance down incorrectly...or there is hell to pay.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
also there's an algorithm (posted in a PC thread somewhere else in the UNSW section), you need a certain wam with a certain mark to get a PC, otherwise there's nothing they can do but fail you.

HSC
It's quite annoying to see every tutorial slot I want already filling up when my enrolment doesn't open until the 16th. Looks like I have to jigsaw the undesirable times into something acceptable...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)