Summer Holidays Chatter Thread 09-10 (1 Viewer)

shoxgeneration

*pamplemousse
HSC
yes, france to be exact - finally made my blog link work (again: signature) lol didn't realise i didnt hyperlink it before!

anyway, its frekaingfreaking cold atm! and im in exam week - but its so breezy so its fine, just procrastinating instead and organising trips in january!

so technically its "winter holidays chatter thread" haha

Justina

HSC
Finally got my enrollment sorted out today =)

Justina, if you're doing Bcomm wouldn't you have to do gened? and I think you have some free options too? Why would you be screwed?
I've already done my gened this year. I forgot about my free options though....I ended up enrolling in 2 subjects that aren't part of my intended majors (ie. free options) simply because I don't have the prerequisites for the subjects i need for my majors. If that didn't make sense, dw about it, lol.

It might depend on the message that's shown when you click 'View Timetable'. If it says "The selected course is currently not recorded as offered in 2010", then yeah, it's probably not running next semester. (I have experienced this way too many times to count, in terms of 'planning' my degree over the full three-and-a-half years :mad1: They keep cancelling half the courses I wanted to do!)

If it says it's offered in S1 next year, but there are no actual lectures / tutes listed, then I dunno what's going on there, and perhaps you should email/phone the head of the school offering that course to ask them what's wrong. Since people are enrolling in courses now, there should be a list of all the available classes in the handbook now.

Edit: UNLESS the course in question is a relatively unpopular / unique course that very few people enrol in. I found the handbook was basically never updated for science communication courses, for example, and had to be manually enrolled.
The subject is ACCT2542 which is a pretty popular subject I think....all the info it gives though is: "ll students taking this course during Summer Term 2009/10 will be required to pay full tuition fees. This includes Commonwealth supported students who are studying at UNSW. Please see Australian School of Business courses - Summer Term fees 2009-10 for more information." No classes are listed so I just assume that it's not offered next sem.

Justina

HSC
yes, france to be exact - finally made my blog link work (again: signature) lol didn't realise i didnt hyperlink it before!

anyway, its frekaingfreaking cold atm! and im in exam week - but its so breezy so its fine, just procrastinating instead and organising trips in january!

so technically its "winter holidays chatter thread" haha
Wow, that's so awesome! =)
So jealous of you right now :p

Uncle

Banned
HSC
i also had no problems with the traffic during enrolment, doing that myUN$W survey with a comment about the poor enrolment traffic did pay off i guess...
or a lotta people are having carefree fun overseas.

speaking of popular,
i think the 'UN$W' logo should make its return.
giant class sizes of 500 means $$$ for UN$W.
typical of engineering and commerce.

oi kevinx2 whats the fontface UN$W uses, and either me or you can make a new photoshop of UN$W's logo.

onholidays

HSC
Hey Omie Jay thanks for all your help with the Concession Algorithm and to everybody else who helped cheer me up! :)

Still can't enrol on myunsw. It was fine 15 minutes before 12 today then 5 minutes before, it just crashed. and still can't get on. student Central wasn't sympathetic as you can imagine.

HSC
oi kevinx2 whats the fontface UN$W uses, and either me or you can make a new photoshop of UN$W's logo.
Optima LT Std

us kiddies can't download it, but there's bound to be a couple of freely available ones online

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
Hey Omie Jay thanks for all your help with the Concession Algorithm and to everybody else who helped cheer me up! :)

Still can't enrol on myunsw. It was fine 15 minutes before 12 today then 5 minutes before, it just crashed. and still can't get on. student Central wasn't sympathetic as you can imagine.
no worries.
also, apparently
myUNSW is experiencing a temporary problem.

MooshyMoosh

HSC
How's everyone spending their christmas? Mine is lonely :(; however, purchased Race Relations yesterday and watching now; :D:D:D:D:D Sooo funny!

HSC
N/A
mgs peace walker demo ... fuck the full game should be released now rather than in may.
then be
beef.
party.

MooshyMoosh

HSC
Watched three documentaries yesturday; one on Darwin's tree of life, and two on Jack the Ripper. All extremely interesting, and I think I might buy the Origin of Species now... :music:

Last edited:

TehAzner

HSC
N/A
How's everyone spending their christmas? Mine is lonely :(; however, purchased Race Relations yesterday and watching now; :D:D:D:D:D Sooo funny!

John Safran <3

Btw, get Lawrence Leung's Adventures while you're at it :)

Christmas in Hong Kong is bliss :skip:

MooshyMoosh

HSC
John Safran <3

Btw, get Lawrence Leung's Adventures while you're at it :)

Christmas in Hong Kong is bliss :skip:
Ahh I've heard about his show, but haven't really looked into it. All I know about it is that he goes around trying to fulfill his childhood dreams... Is this so?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)