SUMMER SCHOOL AT Uni Syd 2006-2007 (1 Viewer)

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
yeah i'm going to UMAT summer school lectures, well just 2 of them, at USYD some time in may, june, or july.
And a few chem lectures with chemistrycoach :D at UTS in the april and july holidays.

nichhhole

asndihsCfuckingansbdiuahd
HSC
I've been going this week,,,
content wise its not great.. just overviews everything..
helps you understand ze syllabus and format of exams etc..
Take for instance eng.. so far ive only done half of the lectures, but because there are so many texts available for choosing, they only focus on how the papers are set out etc.
I like it.. but im not sure i'd do it agian..
i have modern lecture on thrus..

the matsh has just been a quick overview. Seeing as there are kids from all over the place, it means that everyone is at different levels and that not everyone has done every topic..
so for today... i hadnt done induction[i think it was?] with like another 30% of the group... so instead of teaching us it properly [he couldnt do that physically, theres not enough time and its unfair to the other students] he just quickly told us the things we needed to know for the Q. ie btis of formula etc.. butin the end... a large portion of us were sitting there dumbfounded because we didnt know the logic behind it etc..
after that i just blanked out for bits i hadnt already done in class becuase he just confused us furthur...
the maths lecturer yest was betteri think... john craig from newington..
but um.. its helpful in that some q's he gave us alternative methods... andalso in others he told us what it meant..
ie 'show that the f(x) is always constant' he told us we had to prove blah blah...
[just an eg i rmember? i already knew it tho haah.]
i think that perhaps the winter school might be better seeing as everyone should be atthe same level?
also! this program is good because students come from a wide range of areas.. [predom private schools ive noticed haha...]
so its a good chance to see what candidature ur up against and where abouts u are relative to a small sample of the state...
[i found a significant portion of my ext 1 class comparable to some sydboys i know...]

i have done the ext1 maths lectures, eng adv lectures [currently half way thru..] and am doing modern on thurs..
so pm me if u would like to ask anything :)
please dont refraim from attending because of this post.. its just the impression ive gotten from it..
perhaps u might find it absolutely amazing and it will clarify every aspect of the HSC for u..

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
SoulSearcher said:
Haha but you still go to fisher to study amirite?

I went to the summer school at usyd last year for english and it was absolutely deplorably. Content wise (like nichlol said) it's rubbish although i made a few contacts and such through there.

Anywho the best past was it allowed me time to visit fisher library (curriculum section is brilliant for all your hsc resource needs).

Oh and speak to actual English lecturers who taught at UYSD. They were awsm.

You're following a lot of what i did last queer ss, it's freaky.

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
Bobness said:
Haha but you still go to fisher to study amirite?

I went to the summer school at usyd last year for english and it was absolutely deplorably. Content wise (like nichlol said) it's rubbish although i made a few contacts and such through there.

Anywho the best past was it allowed me time to visit fisher library (curriculum section is brilliant for all your hsc resource needs).

Oh and speak to actual English lecturers who taught at UYSD. They were awsm.

You're following a lot of what i did last queer ss, it's freaky.
I haven't been to Fisher library in a while, but I'll be going there more often after the trials, need an environment in which I can do my major project for Cosmology and Fisher seems the ideal place for it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)