Summer School for HSC graduate (1 Viewer)

williamc

HSC
So i've finished my HSC, im set on doing a B economics at usyd in 08.

After reading up on the website im considering doing Introductory Macroeconomics (ECON1002) at summer school to accelerate my degree. Thing is, it says on the website you have to be enrolled by dec 14 2007, but we don't get our results and UAI until later. The unit itself starts before we even get our offers for uni through UAC.

What to do?

Last edited:

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
I don't think you can do it.
First of all you are not formally enrolled in a course let alone the university. Second of all, most people do Introductory Microeconomics ECON1001 before they do Introductory Macroeconomics ECON1002.

williamc

HSC
Trebla said:
I don't think you can do it.
First of all you are not formally enrolled in a course let alone the university. Second of all, most people do Introductory Microeconomics ECON1001 before they do Introductory Macroeconomics ECON1002.
I wouldn't care which of the either i did. It says on the site "available for HSC students" though.

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
I dont go to your uni, but i have to say it is not possible for you to do a summer session subject at uni if have not been given an offer or yet alone enrolled lol. There is no rush anyway trust me uni is not fun as it seems, its got a lot of responsibilites.
Also send the link that says "available for HSC students".

Also im gonna do econ111 during summer at uow and there is no thing saying hsc students can do it.

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
Introductory Macroeconomics (ECON1002)
Level: Undergraduate
Credit Points: 6 Capacity: 75 seats
Start Date: 02-Jan-2008 End Date: 13-Feb-2008

Faculty: Economics and Business
Department: Economics

Enrolments open: 04-Oct-2007
Enrolments close: 14-Dec-2007
Census date: 11-Jan-2008 On-time withdrawals close: 14-Dec-2007

Description: Introductory Macroeconomics addresses the analysis of the level of employment and economic activity in the economy as a whole. It is a compulsory core unit for the Bachelor of Economics (BEc) and for the Bachelor of Commerce and an alternative core unit for the Bachelor of Economic and Social Science. Introductory Macroeconomics examines the main factors that determine the overall levels of production and employment in the economy, including the influence of government policy and international trade. This analysis enables an exploration of money, interest rates and financial markets, and a deeper examination of inflation, unemployment and economic policy.

Class and exam timetable: Lectures: Wednesdays and Fridays, 0900-11000 hrs; Tutorials: Wednesdays and Fridays: Tutorial group 1, 1100-1200 hrs; Tutorial group 2, 1200-1300 hrs; Tutorial group 3, 1300-1400 hrs. Final exam: Friday 15 Feb, 0900-1110 hrs
Class and exam venue: All lectures are held in Institute Lecture Room 2. All tutorial groups are held in Merewether Seminar Room 2 (Rm 155), meeting at the following times: Tutorial group 1, 1100 hrs; Tutorial group 2, 1200; Tutorial group 3, 1300 hrs. The exam venue is Institute Lecture Room 2.

Assessment:
Required Texts: Jackson, J. and McIver, R (2006) Macroeconomics, 8th ed. McGraw-Hill: Sydney.
Recommended advance reading:

Open to HSC graduates? Yes

Prerequisites:
1. Assumed knowledge - Assumed knowledge - 2 unit Mathematics
Yep you can do it. You shouldnt have too much trouble enrolling. Just sort out your fees and you'll be ok.

Bear in mind if you dont get into a Bcom at Usyd, you could get credit for this unit of study at any other uni.

williamc

HSC
Na the HSC didn't burn me out at all. 4 months is too long. A 2 month break is suffice.

Thanks guys.

redom

HSC
the courses cost like a couple grand each!...ahaha i doubt many HSC kids will bother paying that much!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)