sunburn- ouch! (1 Viewer)

bex

HSC
being the retard that i am i forgot to put sunscreen on and went off to the markets on sunday- returning home with my purchases and a shithouse tshirt burn!

whats the best way (do you think) to prevent peel-age? its too late for me but for the future would be great!

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
My dad recommends you have a reeeeeeeally hot shower, something about it bringing the heat to the surface, but it fucking hurts like a bitch :(
Only thing I can come up with is coat yourself in inches of aloe vera and moisturiser.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
hipsta_jess said:
My dad recommends you have a reeeeeeeally hot shower, something about it bringing the heat to the surface, but it fucking hurts like a bitch :(
Only thing I can come up with is coat yourself in inches of aloe vera and moisturiser.
won't it burn you more?

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
yeah, i always avoid the hot water when im sunburnt. but aloe vera gel is a GODSEND!!! slather it on really thick, then dont touch anything coz it doesnt sink in for ages

HSC
shellybelly087 said:
yeah, i always avoid the hot water when im sunburnt. but aloe vera gel is a GODSEND!!! slather it on really thick, then dont touch anything coz it doesnt sink in for ages
shelly aslo tells me orange juice works well. for her anyways!

Luke_D

HSC
bex said:
being the retard that i am i forgot to put sunscreen on and went off to the markets on sunday- returning home with my purchases and a shithouse tshirt burn!

whats the best way (do you think) to prevent peel-age? its too late for me but for the future would be great!
"Vaseline Intensive Care - Aloe Vera replenishing moisturiser"

This stuff works wonders. Heck, it could cure cancer.....well, maybe not.

But seriously, put this on a couple of times a day for a week, and there's a high chance you won't peel :)

Danoz The Great

HSC
There's this gel stuff you can get that's a blue-ish colour jump container which works really well. But that might be the Aloe Vera Cream that everybody is talking about.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
I haven't been sunburnt in awhile, Ive become a hermit to avoid it, but from memory the last time I was substantially burnt I went crazy with the moisturiser (im talking like every 15 mins) and don't think I peeled....

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
get an aloe vera plant, then cut open its leafy things and use the gel straight out of them. anything you buy from the stores is diluted. fresh aloe vera is the best

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
iambored said:
won't it burn you more?
Not hot as in scalding hot, just a normal temperature or a bit higher (most people turn the hot right down when they're burnt, he reckons it needs to stay normal or go up a bit. I maintain he is on various illegal substances)

Danoz The Great

HSC
Emily. said:
get an aloe vera plant, then cut open its leafy things and use the gel straight out of them. anything you buy from the stores is diluted. fresh aloe vera is the best
Yes, I have done this before too. Try it- it's the best

alby

cool duckie
HSC
Emily. said:
real aloe's a god send! i got hell burnt on my face one time a few years ago. my aunty was down here and she made me let her put some on...your skin goes really really tight (like almost sore to smile tight), but i dont think i peeled :)

Lennie

It's best to just leave your skin without anything on it for 24 hours. It allows the heat to escape.

After that, try 'Thursday Plantation' s Aloe Vera Gel. It comes in a little blue tube from the chemists and is quite cheap.

It's 97.4% pure and dries pretty much instantly.

The stuff is great.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)